Sorority Recommendations

<p>Can we use stickers with name, high school, hometown to place on the back of everything? Or do they like to see that all handwritten?</p>

<p>Stickers are great! Saves you a lot of writing, too!</p>

<p>I second stickers :)…especially if you have handwriting like mine …LOL!! Y’all can guess what it’s like (hint…check out the way I type!!)</p>

<p>We’re able to use envelopes (as far as I know), but I may use a small paper clip to keep everything from floating around in said envelope. The stickers on the pictures were brilliant - what a lifesaver that was!</p>

<p>So if we shouldn’t staple the resume, should we just print them front/back or just have two sheets with name/hometown/school on both?</p>

<p>We have 2 separate sheets, with page 2 just having her full name semi-prominently in the upper right-hand corner. Since it’s her full name (first, middle, last) I sure hope it will be enough. :)</p>

<p>Yes…print two separate sheets. Make sure her name is on the second page as suggested above. There have bee spills in the past :(.</p>

<p>FYI. I went to the post office and had the pkg the rec writers here would be mailing in. Almost 5 oz and, with the DO NOT BEND option, postage from Houston to Tuscaloosa is $2.41. I bought enough stamps to put that postage on every rec pkg I Am giving local writers…will have to investigate postage from farther points…I have one rec coming from that tiny island in Hawaii where the leper colony was…Molokai</p>

<p>I’d add the hometown. You wouldn’t believe how many “Taylor Madisons” and “Madison Taylors” are out there. (And Teighlore, Maddysohn, Tailohr, Madighsen, yadda yadda)</p>

<p>TxArchitect…wow!! What did you put in there…a little gold bouillon?? I have never had a rec packet come that had more than $1.40 in stamps and most I have mailed this year did not have more than that in stamps on them. Does the Do Not Bend option cost???<br>
Southlander…speaking of interesting names (and yes to the hometown as well) this year I encountered a Kuenhlee (Ken-lee)…I have officially awarded it the most unsual name :)…</p>

<p>Everything costs! </p>

<p>The DNB option costs about a buck and does not slow delivery.</p>

<p>Of course, once it is loaded into a coed’s trunk, all bets are off!</p>

<p>ahpimommy - remember, she’s in Texas. Big hair, big rec packets!
TXArchitect - if it’s the PO, the weight, not distance, rules.</p>

<p>When I worked for our local newspaper, I learned 7 or 8 different ways to spell “Lisa.” Now that I’m working with long lists of PNMs, I’m learning 7 or 8 more ways to spell it.</p>

<p>Oh cool! Then it’s 5 ounces for $2.41 from anywhere??? Except for Tri-Delts which go to a home address? </p>

<p>After carefully putting four stamps on sixteen envelopes, I might opt for one $3 stamp and be done with it from now on. Those darn stamps are sticky and difficult to get lined up straight!</p>

<p>Another Q!!! Ahpimommy, does a PNM at BAMA need (engraved) TEACARDS???</p>

<p>Or should a girl just have some cards to give to peeps she’ll meet with her cell and/or email address ?</p>

<p>No tea cards for Bama…I am not aware of any girls even having them to hand out to peeps. I personally love them…that reminder was meant for my Kentucky girls and the few other campuses that use tea/calling cards.</p>

<p>I met a GLO TX A&M Alum at Trader Joe’s (stalking recs!) and she had a cute card with just her name and email. Got me to thinking…</p>

<p>I know many women who have them…:).</p>

<p>I didn’t want to start (another) new thread on Sorority and Rush so I hope I’m not intruding by posting on this thread.</p>

<p>I’ve recently been going back and forth on doing AA and Rush. I can’t do both, but if I had to choose, I would definitely choose Rush. </p>

<p>The problem is, I have just recently reached this epiphany and hope I am not too late to jump on the train. Anyone up to talk me through the process? I’m from up North (if this is any excuse) and rush is no where near as big as it is down South, and my family and I have no experience with rushing. It’s somewhere I can COMPLETELY see myself being a part of, the issue is that I would have no idea where to begin recommendations, figuring out which sorority I’d fit best in, etc. </p>

<p>If there’s anyone who could help me out with this, I’d be greatly appreciative!</p>

<p>maddsm…I sent you a pm :).</p>

<p>Maddsm, aphimommy will help you so much! I’m just like you, from the North, no family is involved in sororities, etc. I had no idea what to do either, but aphimommy is the nicest person and will definitely help you out and answer any questions you have :)</p>

<p>For the self-addressed envelopes we include in our packet for the actual rec, what size envelope should they be? Thanks!</p>