Sorority Recommendations

<p>Also, ask anyone you know who is currently in a sorority who wrote their recs…</p>

<p>TXArchitect…a word of warning about that…make sure that the girl who had the rec written by the alum asks the alum whether she cares is a PNM contacts her! Do not give names of women who wrote you recs to anyone without contacting the alum first to clear it with her. Last year we had a problem with PNMs sharing rec writers names with girls with out talking to the alum. In some cases alums got over 100 emails asking for recs fro girls they did not know!</p>

<p>The coed sent DD’s resume and asked before giving us her contact info, so it was fine, BUT, I can see where the situation you describe would be very bad.</p>

<p>One should never assume .</p>

<p>In our case, it turned out the potential rec writer knew someone we know well, and so felt comfortable meeting with DD before writing her rec.</p>

<p>Oh, and a reminder that Recruitment registration opens MAy 1.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if we need recs for SDT?</p>

<p>The list on UA Panhellenic said Alpha Delta Chi " does not require recs for recruitment". But Sigma Delta Tau was not annotated like that…</p>

<p>I don’t think SDT and ADChi are part of formal rush…please correct me if I’m wrong.</p>

<p>PI think you are correct…Ahpimommy?</p>

<p>I have started but not many yet :confused: I think there might be a few more teachers that could work though</p>

<p>Yes ADChi and SDT don’t do formal recruitment.</p>

<p>FYI, SDT is an NPC sorority. This year they will participate in the first round (first two days) of open houses, and then will withdraw.
If you do have an interest in them, I’m sure they would appreciate recommendations.
They no longer seem to have a website, but here is their Facebook page: <a href=“https://www.facebook.com/sdt.rho[/url]”>https://www.facebook.com/sdt.rho&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Southlander…thank you! I had heard this earlier but then thought it had changed…thanks for confirming!</p>

<p>Panhellenic Registration starts TOMORROW!</p>

<p>I’m curious as to how many girls will register. Wasn’t last year’s total close to 2000? That’s a lot of PNM’s!!</p>

<p>I will guess 2200+++</p>

<p>I remember hearing that a PNM cannot register until she has a final transcript. Is my memory accurate?</p>

<p>Yep. Just checked and it does ask for the transcript. Well, the first registration period is May one thru July 15 for $150, and I suppose most of us will have final transcripts by then…</p>

<p>My DD walks May 24th, but, since she is taking AP classes, is finished two weeks prior to that. Getting a transcript by July will not be a problem.</p>

<p>I would think, though, that the sooner your registration is complete, the sooner you become “official” to the sororities…at least your file would be full…assuming your recs arrive in a timely fashion.</p>

<p>ok so here is the definitive on transcripts and registration. I just got off the phone with Kat. You may register TODAY without your final transcript…no where does say you have to have a final transcript to register (Kat’s EXACT words). You can go back in when you get your final transcript and add it. Panhellenic WANTS girls to register early so they can get a head count. They want a final transcript but again you don’t need it when you register…just make sure it gets added when you get it. She said if you upload the final transcript then you don’t have to mail copies to the sororities when you get it.<br>
As far as final transcripts and sending them to the University…you can most certainly send out your rec packets (and I also confirmed that you DO NOT have to register to send out your rec packets so those of you who already have…you are FINE! Having the final transcript is something that varies from sorority to sorority. When you get you final transcript go back into your recruitment registration and upload it. Also have your high school send your final transcript to the University at the address listed on the Panhellenic page. The University will send a final grade report to the sororities during their work week so they can look at GPAs one more time. I want to share this…if you have a 3.8 and your final semester grades might move it to a 3.9 …quite honestly the sororities are not going to care. You have been identified as a high stats girl. HOWEVER…if you have a 3.1 and your final transcript moves you to a 3.3…that’s important!<br>
It’s ok…big breaths guys :)…I know that many of you are worrying about doing something worrying and being tossed out of the system, not having recs accepted, or doing something that is going to get your daughter in trouble or disqualified. I know many of you and you will be fine!!! I promise :).</p>

<p>Yea!!!</p>

<p>I always feel better when we hear from…</p>

<p>MISSOURI!</p>

<p>Just went online and registered. There is not even an option to upload a transcript yet. Before you register, it says that if you are not given an opportunity to uplad your transcript, please check back and upload it later.</p>