Sorority Recruitment, Home Town teas and Preview Weekend

<p>We would LOVE to come back. Alas, we fly home that day from spring break. I did check airfare to reroute D1 and I, OUCH! Unless someone has an extra 3k sitting around we won’t make it :(<br>
Last night D1 commented that with each invite she gets upset that she won’t be there. Oh well… Told her this is the last spring break we will all be together as a family. Next year D1 has her UA spring break 2 weeks after D1 has hers. I’m sad :(</p>

<p>Which would be a better place for us parents to hang out during the parties on Saturday?</p>

<p>Phil’s on The Strip,</p>

<p>Hotel Capstone bar or</p>

<p>Somewhere else???</p>

<p>If you need a great place for Brunch/Lunch on Sunday, I highly recommend 5.
I had the shrimp and grits and they were very tasty :slight_smile: I’m craving them and ready to go back.<br>
It is downtown and gets very busy but the wait is not bad. While waiting you can shop at The Shirt Store on the corner.</p>

<p>TxNewCollegeMom, we are in the same kind of situation. DD2 is fundraising chair for her NHS, and this weekend is going to be their biggest event (and most complicated project for DD2) of the year. She can’t leave her team in a lurch, so is staying home, but is NOT happy about it.</p>

<p>My DD and I are so looking forward to next weekend! We were not able to attend Preview due to activity conflicts, but we are coming to T-town on Friday!! I have no suggestions to the meeting place on Saturday when our DDs are at parties, but am game for anything!</p>

<p>If you have time go to “Another Broken Egg” down on the Black Warrior river walk. We had a fabulous breakfast Preview Weekend. I had a grits cake topped with a crab cake and covered in a great sauce with sauteed peppers and great hashbrown home fries.
DD had crab cakes eggs benedict!! It can be a LONGGGGG wait but well worth it. WE had lattes while we waited an both the men and women’s crew were going through their practices while we watched. Very fun!!</p>

<p>I guess we are lucky here near Houston…every other corner seems to have “Another Broken Egg”</p>

<p>Good place for the gluten-free crowd…</p>

<p>not to be contrary, but i don’t think houston has another broken egg on every corner. there’s one in the woodlands, but i haven’t seen another one, ever.</p>

<p>5 is good, but it’s VERY noisy. JMHO, though!</p>

<p>Yes, 5 is noisy. It is also very close quarters. The Sunday we dined there was Preview weekend and the weather was wonderful and all of the front doors were wide open. Which I’m sure helped keep the noise level down a teeny bit. They have live jazz music and it looked like a great coffee bar. Mimosa’s were yummy.</p>

<p>You are right, Mike. We have Another Broken Egg and the Egg and I…and I confused the two…</p>

<p>They are both close together, very much along my beaten path, and since I work six days a week, I seldom venture out of The Woods.</p>

<p>there are quite a few The Egg & I stores. you are right about that!!</p>

<p>Looks like I have seven hours to burn and I don’t think a server is going to let me hangout at a table that long. :slight_smile: I was planning to do some shopping on the Strip with the intention of putting together the “scrapbook/calendar” ahpimommy suggested. You know the one with the gift cards for every month idea? What time are your DDs getting started? Mine is booked from 2-9. Love the outside idea, too! Sounds like the weather is going to be great!</p>

<p>Hey…have heard that The Trunk has the cutest t-shirts…chevron pocket and they will monogram!!! I for one want one so bad I can’t stand it (just didn’t get there during Preview). If y’all have time to burn go see (and buy…great grad gift…not sure they can get it done for Easter!!). Expiditions has one as well with an Elephant on the pocket. you might also stop by the Trunk and have a Bid Day basket discussion. Matt Clinton Designs does the most beautiful flower arrangements! you could also stop by there… ( 705 Paul W Bryant Dr ). If you feel like walking the river walk along the Black Warrior has a great walk…it’s supposed to be beautiful!! Did I mention I am jealous…went from 60 yesterday to possible snow today :(…I am heading out for breakfast of heavily buttered popcorn and the movie “Oz” with the hubster…If I think of other suggestions i will post.</p>

<p>Momoftriplets, it is also a good time to stock up on any Bama party supplies that your D may want for her HS graduation party. The Sup Store at The Ferg, the place next to Phil’s and Alumni Hall in the shopping center on McFarland all have great supplies for such. We did this while there as well since we were in a car and can get more back home :)</p>

<p>I’m confident that you’ll find a way to spend 7 hours in Tuscaloosa. Sam’s Club had great deals on UA paper plates and napkins, though I don’t know if it was a one time purchase for them.</p>

<p>I hope that everyone enjoys the sorority recruitment events and meets tons of new friends. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>71 and clear!!! Great weather for this Saturday, wooooo hoooooo!</p>