Sorority RECS-ADPi, AOPi or ChiO

<p>My daughter is scrambling to find recs from the above mentioned sororities. I’m turning to the CC family for assistance. She has finished her rec packs and ready to mail them.</p>

<p>I’ve been in touch with aphimommy. She’s been a huge help! </p>

<p>Thanks in advance, if anyone has time to help a girl out!</p>

<p>I can’t help with any of those GLOs, but try asking your facebook friends. Or even your daughter’s friends. When my daughter went through recruitment, I casually posted on facebook a request for recs. I had several replies from my friends out of town I didn’t even know had been in sororities! All 3 of the GLOs you need are heavily represented in the south. Chi Omega has more chapters than any other sorority. It should be easy to find an alumna member.
Where are you from? You could also try your local panhellenic group if your town has one.
Good luck to your daughter. Recruitment at Alabama is traditionally the largest in the country. Be sue to post back and give us an update after bid day.</p>

<p>Thanks! Did a FB shout out…those are the 3 in which there were no responses. We’re from Indiana. Recruitment in the south is totally different than here in the Midwest. My daughter’s high school friends are completely perplexed by the amount of work involved in Rush at Alabama. These friends are attending Purdue, IU and DePauw. It’s a little different ballgame, I think.
She has some emails out to the local panhellenic groups. Her Godmother (Theta)just emailed me to say that her college friends will be at her son’s birthday party this weekend. One is an AOPi and the other, a ChiO. They are all Purdue grads.
My daughter worked diligently on her rec packs all weekend. She mailed 21 packs today. There is a light at the end of the tunnel :)</p>

<p>Glad you got a lead on Chi O and AOPi. Just get an ADPi and you’re daughter is set! We live near Indiana in Ky., so are a little familiar with the schools you mentioned. IU has bed quota for sorority recruitment and is by far the most competitive rush in the country as a result.
At least quota at UA is based on numbers of rushees, not vacant beds. </p>

<p>Did you attend Panhellenic Preview?</p>

<p>Some sororities, including at least 1 on your list, require that the rec come from a hometown alumna. PM me if you wish.</p>

<p>It will be worth the hassle to get all the recs in. My DD was told (on the side) she was dropped from one sorority because she did not have a rec; they had so many good candidates that having the paperwork became a deciding factor. DD found a sorority home so her recruitment week had a happy ending. But the anecdote is evidence that following the directions could matter.</p>

<p>Excellent information to offer Southlander!</p>