Sorority Recs

<p>[Sorry for the double post. Not sure if it’s frowned upon in the CC Community]</p>

<p>Does anyone know if the July 15 deadline is strict? Will they accept any recs past that date? I understand Chi O won’t be able to, but what about the others? I had just accepted that I wouldn’t be able to get recs for all the sororities but a few people have finally responded now. Should I still have them write it in case it gets through?</p>

<p>While I have a few still coming through, these are the sororities I don’t have BOTH recs for (some I have one): Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Gamma Delta, Alpha Omicron Pi, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Delta Zeta. Posting those on the off chance that someone is an alum or knows one that would be willing to help me out!
Thank you!</p>

<p>No, it is not strict. Ask your ladies to go ahead and snail mail or e-mail them in. But ask them to get the recs in just as quickly as they can! the sororities need time to enter info into their own custom computer programs.
I’m encouraging you to keep seeking alumnae of those groups. You will not get many offers from strangers on a forum.</p>

<p>We just had a Skype conference call last night for my GLO. They encouraged us to get our recs in ASAP but kind of hinted that they would accept them up until work week starts (that’s August 4th). Southlander is correct…there is a lot that goes into getting all of the info entered and each sorority has specific things that they do to acquaint their members with certain PNMs whose recs really stand out. So don’t give up but try very hard to get any last minute recs in as quickly as possible!</p>

<p>Thank you, ladies! I knew the sororities had to do things (enter info, etc) so wanted to doublecheck before the rec writers went to work. Thank you!</p>