Sorority Times

<p>Thank you for the info on the dinner/meeting times for Sororities. My DD is heading to Bama Bound this week, and is in the midst of formulating a “schedule” - which we know can change. I know dinner is set for 5 p.m. each night, but what time does she need to be at the Sorority House for breakfast and lunch? We looked at a schedule leaving 8 am, noon, and 5 pm and later available for Sorority commitments, please let me know if this is correct. Thank you!!</p>

<p>Okay am in Seattle… On vacation and my sorority DD is in KC studying but I “think” that breakfast ran from 7 am to 8:30… Lunch was 11 ( might have been 11:30) to about 1 and then dinner went from 5 to 6:30. DD has always had an 8 am class…when she lived in Tut she would go over at 7, eat and then find sisters to walk to class with. I was surprised how many girls were ready toe at as ooh as lunch time started. If your DD will miss lunch or dinner she can request a “late plate”. I know for some sororities this is a minimal additional charge. When DD had to be at the hospital this last spring on Tuesday and Thursday the cooks were very sweet and made her a sack lunch ( sandwich…they even asked her what kind she wanted …chips, some sort of fruit, and cookies…homemade).</p>

<p>Also let your daughter know that meal times are a come and go event. I always envisioned everyone sitting down for a meal together…I guess I thought my D was going to Hogwarts or something.</p>

<p>I am pretty sure Formal Chapter is everyone eating together. You go in order of elected position and then class rank in some cases. Just like everything it varies from sorority to sorority.</p>

<p>My daughter has a pretty erratic schedule. Her sorority has a “24 hour kitchen” although away from regular meals that might mean things like yogurt and granola bars. They keep fully stocked cereal options as well, and she often gets the previously mentioned late plate. Despite a heavy course load with many labs, and triathlon training at odd hours, she has never had problems getting her meals in (and, being a triathlete, she eats like a varsity lineman so that’s saying something!)</p>

<p>Whitlo is correct…most sororities have 24 hour kitchens equipped with things like yogurt, granola bars, chips, fruit, and in some cases peanut butter, bread, cereal, soup,…light stuff. In some cases the kitchens are available for baking …DD baked cookies on a regular basis with her house mom. I know that at least a couple of the new sorority houses have kitchenettes for the girls to use as well as the regular kitchen. If all else fails there’s Julia’s in Tut…it’s close and has frozen meals as well as deli sandwiches ect.</p>

<p>I’m assuming that Julia’s is accessable without needing a Tut-activated ActionCard?</p>

<p>Also, are there cubbies for the non-live-in girls to put their stuff while going to classes ?</p>

<p>^ i don’t think so.</p>

<p>Thanks, everyone!!!</p>