Southern Methodist University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

p sure that with SMU usually, you get 2 decisions. 1 to get into SMU, and then a week or two later your school decision (cox, lyle, dedman, etc). Shows SMU release RD by March 15th. Usually schools release on Friday’s, so I would guess that it should be tomorrow when they release.

1 Like

My daughter was admitted to SMU, then Deferred from Cox. Supposedly, she will hear about Cox now during the RD release. Hopefully, that is tomorrow.

3 Likes

Last year it was on 3/14 (Monday)… per this info.

Doesn’t look like it will be coming today

2 Likes

Anyone else get an email about decisions today?

Did you?

1 Like

Yes. I was a deferral and got an email saying my decision would be released at 7pm

1 Like

Same

Accepted after deferred!

2 Likes

Son accepted but for Spring 2024 semester with opportunity to go abroad for Fall 2023.

1 Like

Daughter accepted for Spring 2024 with the opportunity to go abroad. She was also given the same offer at Tulane. I guess this is becoming more common?

Son Accepted Spring 2024. Doubtful he’ll want to wait given other offers for fall. Interesting concept tho’ and for some kids probably not a bad idea.

EA son was accepted in Dec but deferred at Cox. Any idea when those final decisions will be made? Have they already?

I have a question, I got into Spring 24, does this mean I can technically enroll at another university and then transfer to SMU for Spring 24? I applied as an accounting major if that helps, does that mean I get to continue my education in Acct in Cox?

Yes, you enroll elsewhere in the fall. SMU has coordinated study abroad programs that work great or students can attend community college, etc. You should ask your admissions counselor about the accounting major.

https://www.smu.edu/Admission/springentry/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Hopefully this link will answer some of your questions.

Cox decisions usually come out about a week after regular decisions so I am hoping that applies to deferrals also and we hear something next week?

So according to this, admission into Cox is not guaranteed even though they are asking us to pull out of the university we first started with in Fall 23? So there is a chance that I leave for SMU and still not get into Cox in Spring 24’ or am I reading that wrong?

I’ve got similar questions. My daughter was accepted EA to SMU but deferred from Cox. So, she will still not hear about Cox until 10-days or so after Regular Decisions are released? That makes it tough, as she would already have to accept Texas A&M Mays, where she’s already been admitted. She can’t wait that long.

1 Like

From what I recall Cox said we should hear by April 24