Southwest airlines has a sale

<p>pretty good rates.</p>

<p>Yes, I think I am going to use them from now on, way better change accommodations.</p>

<p>I called US Air today about changing my Birmingham flight from NYC to Hartford CT as who knows when NY airports can open and I then can get transportation from the airport. You know what they told me? “We’ve already accommodated you once by changing your flight from Monday to Thursday” pay the $150 change fee plus the difference in fare. Thank you very much.</p>

<p>Got an email from Southwest yesterday morning and grabbed a flight from NOLA to BHM on the Monday before Thanksgiving. Was looking at booking it last week, and this was about half what I would have paid then.</p>

<p>I’m going to fly in Monday night, stay the night in a Tuscaloosa hotel, and drive son/my car back home on Tuesday morning when he finishes classes so he can be home for Thanksgiving. We have plans to drive back, in two cars, for Iron Bowl Friday night, but that may move to Sunday if he wants to stay home for a few more days. He has a ticket to the game, but we’re going to watch it at the Ferg or wherever we can find. </p>

<p>I’m guessing I’ll need to get a shuttle from BHM airport to Tuscaloosa Monday night, since I won’t need a rental car, with son having my car on campus this semester. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can accomplish that, please let me know. You may have to PM me, since a similar thread was closed on CC recently.</p>

<p>I am so looking forward to driving my car again, though son wants to drive most of the trip to get the practice. I’m happy to let him sleep most of the way home. It’s about a five hour drive, and I’m not ready for him to do that by himself yet. And I REALLY miss my car!</p>

<p>L-O-V-E Southwest! (Did I say LOVE?!?!?)</p>

<p>In order to get the best deals, you can re-book yourself on a cheaper flight (if the price goes down since you last bought ticket), with no change fees whatsoever. Even if the ticket is ‘non-refundable.’</p>

<p>I keep a series of index cards handy with all of our flights listed on each one, with the original prices paid for each, and the confirmation letters. So, if I find a cheaper deal, I can ‘bank’ the credit towards a future flight. It is a bit fiddly and takes some organisation, but I can do that to save $$$! </p>

<p>So far, I have not made the mistake of booking from ‘home’ TO university (when he needs to fly FROM university to ‘home’)! =;o</p>

<p>Last week, I got an “Invitation Only” email to join SWA’s Consumer Panel…you answer surveys about their Rewards Partners. etc… and GET REWARD DOLLARS!!!</p>

<p>In the past week, I’ve “earned” enough for 1/4 ticket!</p>

<p>This is a great thing, and I am thrilled I was “selected.”</p>

<p>Watch your emails!!!</p>

<p>^^^I think son got that email, which he disregarded. I wish they’d send me that one! Thanks for the heads up. I’m actually thinking of scheduling my next Disney trip with Southwest to earn points to save for a family trip!</p>