Special Offer

<p>as u all know i recived a letter from the UM office of admissions telling me that i was defered to the waitlist… then they told me they had a “special offer” for me…</p>

<p>well… today i recieved a email with 2 options…</p>

<li><p>accept a space in the waiting list-…</p></li>
<li><p>they offered me a enrollment for the spring in 2008…</p></li>
</ol>

<p>but they said they were giving LIMITED FINANCIAL ASISTANCE:. and i cant afford the um tuition… any comment?</p>

<p>I'm so sorry, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear. I have heard of this type of offer at other schools also, so I don't think it is that unusual.</p>

<p>I know the perfect situation for you is out there somewhere. Keep an open mind to all your admissions offers and I'm sure you will find a great fit. Good luck.</p>

<p>yup sorry to here. at least u werent completely denied and u were given a chance :P
So where will u be going?</p>

<p>still waiting here for Yeshiva and Tulane.. so i'll be posting my decision no latter than may.. lol</p>

<p>If UMiami is really your dream school and you can get the funding (loans, grants, etc), I would definitely accept the spring admission. You could always take classes this fall at another institution as a transient student and transfer the credits over to UM. I know of three kids who have done this (for various other schools, like Wash U in St. Louis) and they are all very very happily at their dream schools now.</p>

<p>yeah... i have to wait for Yeshiva's responce... if they give me good financial... maybe i'll go there.. and transfer later... !!</p>