Sports Medicine @ Tech or W&M?

<p>Which school has a better sports medicine/kinesiology program - Tech or William and Mary?</p>

<p>I know that at Tech, the major would be HNFE (Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise), while at W&M it would just be Kinesiology.</p>

<p>I've already paid my deposit to VT, but I'm on the waitlist at W&M...so if I get in there, and they have a better program, then that's obviously the place for me.</p>

<p>Ahhh decisions.</p>

<p>From what I understand, sports medicine is a specialty in the field of medicine. Where you go for undergraduate doesn’t matter, if I am right. </p>

<p>If I am right, you need to follow a Pre-Medicine track through college. You can major in HNFE or Kinesiology and still do Pre-Med. Keep your GPA up, do extracurriculars, get experience in the medical field, and STUDY for the MCAT. If you do that, you will probably get into medical school. Upon completion of medical school, apply for a residency program in Sports Medicine. </p>

<p>I am currently a Biology major at Virginia Tech. My entire curriculum for a Biology bachelors degree covers the prerequisites for medical school. I don’t know much about W&M. To be honest, even though I go to VT, I think you would be better at W&M. Everything I have read from researching this has said this:</p>

<p>Virginia Tech = Engineering and Ag Sciences
W&M = Everything Else</p>

<p>I would honestly say to wait for the financial aid packages to come out before making a decision; however VT wants their offer acceptances in by May 1. Hopefully you will find out from W&M before that time.</p>

<p>If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a PM or reply here.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info!</p>

<p>I’m not sure if I’ll get into W&M because so many people have gotten waitlisted, so I paid my deposit to Tech last week. I love Tech anyway though! :slight_smile: </p>

<p>I know I’d have to take a pre-concentration of some sort…I wasn’t sure if I should do pre-med or pre-PT. Right now, I’m going in as an HNFE major (with a double option within that and a pre-med concentration), and also as a Human Development major. Phew!</p>

<p>I wish the waitlist at W&M would let us know earlier! But they’re telling us in mid-June, so I’m not sure if its worth it. I just got the VT financial aid info today and I’m not getting anything from that either, but in the end it will probably be Tech.</p>

<p>But thank you for the info! I do like the idea of a major covering all the pre-reqs for med school.</p>

<p>You should be well prepared for medical school in those majors. HNFE is going to help you with the diet and exercise portion, while human development helps you with some of the other aspects. Not to mention the Biology requirements you will have to take for medical school. The first year or so in med school will prob be pie for you with all of that knowledge. I’m hoping my Biological Science major helps me out as well. If you have any further questions, please feel free to send me a PM or reply here.</p>