Sports Tickets

<p>Ok I was just thinking about all the stuff to do at UW, and I came to thinking about sports events which sound insanely fun. I love going to Cal games here in the Bay Area and feel like being in the student section at events would be amazing.</p>

<p>Anyway, I was wondering what the process was for obtaining tickets and their prices since I looked around and have not seen it posted. Is it a lottery system for season tickets/single game tickets, are they hard to get, are they expensive, etc. Any help regarding this would be great, thanks. Also could you differentiate between football, basketball, and maybe even hockey as I hear its popular.</p>

<p>Football is fairly easy. They seem to change the system every year but pretty much anyone who wants one can get one--the harder part is getting 10 seats together.
Bball is a lottery and a tough one to win as the number os student tickets is far less than demand.<br>
Hockey is more like football and fun--used to be the most popular sport as it was the only winning one. Now it is less so on both accounts. </p>

<p>There are always student tickets for sale before the actual game--sometimes below cost depending on the game.</p>

<p>Does UW have a student section where they group up all the students. At least all the college games I have been to around here, there is a free seating section for students so you can just hang out with whoever you want. Thanks for the imput so far Barrons.</p>

<p>Yes, there is a student section - no, the tickets definitely are not free and aren't easy to obtain if you want student tickets. There is a lottery for both football and men's basketball - if I remember correctly, around 19K - 20K entered the football lottery and 9K 10K entered the basketball lottery. Football tickets are usually a very hot buy on campus in the fall and can be difficult to get a hold of, but it's definitely possible to buy a single ticket here or there. I would expect to pay above face value for most games (non-conference aside). Basketball tickets aren't as difficult to find but there are talso fewer floating around than football tickets. You can get season tickets for hockey without a problem, you just submit a form to the athletic department and unless there's a huge rush on the season packages, you should get a set without much trouble. Hope that helps :)</p>

<p>Thanks for the info kimu. You and Barron had differing opinions about which type is easier to get, but I suppose I'll find out later. Thanks.</p>

<p>Trust kimu08 on this one- sounds like s/he is there, unlike barrons.</p>

<p>Indeed, I am a current UW student that was denied both football and basketball tickets this year :) It's definitely worth throwing your name in, though - football Saturdays in Madison cannot be beat and the Kohl Center is pretty fun as well. Best of luck in the lottery!</p>

<p>New</a> Student Ticket Lottery System For UW Football Leaves Many Upset - Wisconsin Sports News Story - WISC Madison</p>

<p>So about 75% of those who applied got student tickets for football. For basketball it was more like 25%.</p>

<p>There always are way more student tickets for sale for football than basketball although given the sad state of both teams demand might be lower next year.</p>

<p>Can't always have winning seasons. A good time can be had regardless of how the team does- at least half the fun is being with other student fans. Demand will fluctuate, take your chances and hope for the best. Many will only enjoy the games via tv anyhow.</p>

<p>Get yourself season football tickets. They were less than a hundred bucks when I got them 8 years ago and you could see individual game tickets, like Michigan, for around 60.00 each without a problem.</p>

<p>As for hockey, that was by far my favorite sporting event. Unfortunately, buying single game tickets doesn't get you into the student section, only season tickets do. However, it's all quite cheap.</p>