Sports!

<p>Hey, which team won sportsfest this past weekend? Also, did you see the new AP rankings - UM men's BBall team is ranked #3 in the nation!!! And, they got a lot of votes to be #1....wahooooo....go Canes!!!</p>

<p>Stanford won sportsfest. They can enjoy their win, we at Hecht will enjoy our working elevators and nice lobby :stuck_out_tongue: But we definitely should be #2 ahead of Indiana. They lost to the 3rd worst team in the Big 10, yet they stay at #1? There’s something fishy about that… But anyway, I’m ecstatic that we broke Top 5!!!</p>

<p>Lol Marinebio, am I friends with you on Facebook? Someone posted that exact status about the elevators. :P</p>

<p>I’m so stoked about our basketball team though. Coach L has done some unebelievable things. I’m from Indiana, and if we end up being ranked higher than the almighty Hoosiers I plan on showing no mercy to all my IU friends. :D</p>

<p>Hahaha, you probably are, because I did indeed post that :P</p>

<p>Go Canes! I wet to Northwestern and LOVED it when we beat Bobby Knight in Indiana, especially that we got him to throw chairs (dating myself, I know).</p>

<p>Hoping I will be in the Cane family soon…just waiting for DS to get the rest of his decisions and commit.</p>

<p>marinebio444 - seriously? **HECHT LOST **to Stanford? do you get a trophy for second place? </p>

<p>maybe you can keep it in one of those awesome elevators…you did come in second right : p ?</p>

<p>Haha, we came in 3rd behind the UV… Doesn’t really surprise me though, I feel like a lot of the people in Hecht (especially on my floor) were extremely indifferent to sportsfest. There was a lot more spirit last semester than this semester.</p>

<p>LINYMOM (just realized, I am a LI NY Mom too!!)</p>

<p>I was at Michigan State when we won the NCAA against Indiana!!! </p>

<p>'Canes- we’re rooting for you in NY! Still wearing my lucky Miami sweatshirt!
Hopefully now the arena will get some much needed fans!</p>

<p>Aww sorry marinebio444, well at least you have Canes basketball to get excited about! Are students able to get tickets easily or are they always sold out? This deal was posted this morning but it sold out by the time I saw it this afternoon - four tickets - one to each of the remaining home games for $44 total - $11 each: </p>

<p><a href=“https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/umiami/EN/buy/browse[/url]”>https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/umiami/EN/buy/browse&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Missed that… but there are still lots of tickets to individual games available here : </p>

<p>[Miami</a> Hurricanes Men’s Basketball Tickets | Single Game Tickets & Schedule | Ticketmaster.com](<a href=“http://www.ticketmaster.com/Miami-Hurricanes-Mens-Basketball-tickets/artist/845835?list_view=1&tm_link=Artist_SwitchTo_List]Miami”>http://www.ticketmaster.com/Miami-Hurricanes-Mens-Basketball-tickets/artist/845835?list_view=1&tm_link=Artist_SwitchTo_List)</p>

<p>Zinc - you said you might make it down for a weekend in March - maybe you could aim for the 9th and take in that last home game against Clemson : ) Our sleeper sofa is available!</p>

<p>Students get tickets for free as long as you don’t mind waiting a little bit in line. For the Duke game, the line was basically a giant picnic! They brought us Krispy Kreme donuts and Buffalo Wild Wings. It was actually pretty awesome!</p>

<p>I am ashamed to say I haven’t been to a single game this season…the life of an engineering student is full of evening labs, homework, and sadness. But I’m hoping I can remedy that soon!</p>

<p>@mom93 - thanks for the offer, but it will unlikely be the 9th. With spring break the following week, I’d imagine a 2:30 game on Saturday will have pretty light attendance. My D is actually flying to Honduras at 6 am on Sat to begin a week of international study, so we’d miss her unless we came down mid-week.</p>

<p>So…back to basketball - see by today’s rankings that UM Men’s BBall team is now number TWO in the nation behind them Hoosiers…
I wish I could attend that game tomorrow night vs. Virginia in the BUC. Hope y’all have a blast!!!</p>

<p>We watched the Clemson game online last night from our new digs (for the next six weeks) and are currently wandering through the coconut grove arts festival :slight_smile: </p>

<p>It’s 70 degrees here today - wish you were here!</p>

<p>That Clemson game… I probably had about 10 heart attacks during that game. Our defense was really good, but our offensive play was downright ugly. Better bring our A-game tomorrow night, it’s gonna be a tough one! I’m just glad we’re playing UVA at home after a near-defeat away. We’ll have the benefit of the fans, and we’ll be angry. Best combination for a blow-out win!</p>

<p>We just got tickets for tonight’s game through the Hurricane Club office!</p>

<p>So jealous…40* and raining here…yuck…</p>

<p>enjoy canes baseball too! seriously the best milkshakes… but get in line early</p>

<p>^So true… Friend went to get a milkshake in the middle of the 4th inning, didn’t come back until bottom 7th. But definitely worth it! Also, who doesn’t love a good baseball game? Been to all but one of the home games so far.</p>

<p>Heading out for the basketball game shortly! Hopefully we will have a repeat of the Virginia game we saw last Tuesday as opposed to the debacle over the weekend. We couldn’t even watch that last one on tv since we had to Goto Dadeland to hunt down khaki shorts for IllD93 to wear for this Saturday’s S/S interviews, etc. So we’ll be back to cheering the Canes ** on in person tonight!**</p>