Spring 2012 Graduation - Hotel Rooms

<p>I have tried to reserve a hotel room for Spring Graduation several times on various sites. All rooms are blocked or “unavailable” for the projected Graduation weekend. </p>

<p>I assume I will have to call the hotel directly to book. Does anyone remember what their room rate was for a high demand weekend? Has anyone used “Reward Points” or Vouchers for peak weekends? </p>

<p>Any feed back is much appreciated.</p>

<p>We have Marriott and Carlson (Country Inn) points but no luck, those hotels are fully booked. I was able to book directly with Hometowne Suites for move-out day. When booking, ask to reserve for the rooms in the back building (Suites), which are newer and much nicer. However, I plan on calling several times before May to make sure the reservation is still good. With special events, you can never be too sure that the place has not overbooked.</p>

<p>Oh, my! I know several of the posters here are ‘class of 2014’ (roll tide!) I wonder when we should start booking for graduation!</p>

<p>It can be tough. Some end up bunking with their kids in their off-campus apartments. lol</p>

<p>Thanks, as always, M2K, regarding 2014.</p>

<p>I guess we need to find out when the calendar has the graduation date. A group of us from your home state plan to travel out so getting rooms would be a good thing!</p>