Spring 2013 bill now due

<p>As of today (officially >1 pm but some might be available now), your Spring 2013 student account is available to view (and pay). Deadline is December 14. Merry Thanksgiving!</p>

<p>Ugghh…thanks for the reminder. :)</p>

<p>Ok, so, poof, it is no longer available for view on the main page…had to go into another screen/section of website to view it. Maybe it will appear on the “front” page of mybama after the 1 pm timeframe?..</p>

<p>It was available to me. And it didn’t see so merry, so I elected to defer for $30. March 8 is the deferred payment date.</p>

<p>Why in the heck am I being charged another $300 for Dining Dollars??? My kid used all of $40 last semester and still has a balance of $260. Can I avoid paying this?</p>

<p>No, the only way to get out of paying the Dining Dollars fee is to demonstrate that the student is married or the head of a household. The good news is that unused Dining Dollars are rolled over by semester and can be refunded at the end of each year.</p>

<p>Read Part 2b in section entitled “Delivery and Eligibility” and Part 6 in section entitled “Refunds.”</p>

<p><a href=“http://actcard.ua.edu/pages/Action%20Card%20Terms%20Conditions%202012.pdf[/url]”>http://actcard.ua.edu/pages/Action%20Card%20Terms%20Conditions%202012.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Why in the heck am I being charged another $300 for Dining Dollars??? My kid used all of $40 last semester and still has a balance of $260. Can I avoid paying this?</p>

<p>No…but next spring, you can get all of it refunded…then set it aside for next year. </p>

<p>That said, my son’s first semester, he hardly used his DDs…but in remaining semesters he used all of them. </p>

<p>Keep in mind that if your son chooses a “lesser meal plan” as a soph, jr, sr, then he’ll likely use his DDs when he opts for retail dining on campus.</p>

<p>Just a reminder to folks that the student bill is due today, Dec 14, unless you have deferred payment plan, or want a hefty late charge. Merry Christmas!</p>

<p>I just went on to check that everything was paid…and found a hefty pharmacy charge (S evidently didn’t bring insurance card w/ him when he went in there recently…and they did not have on file as he’s never been before). According to Student Receivables, no late charges are assessed for amounts under $100, but that is counter to what I have been told on another occasion (when he needed a replacement Action Card which is $25). At any rate, I just pay…</p>