Spring 2014 Deans List is posted

<p>Roll Tide! <a href=“http://uanews.ua.edu/2014/06/deans-list-students-named-for-ua-spring-term-5/”>http://uanews.ua.edu/2014/06/deans-list-students-named-for-ua-spring-term-5/</a>
Incoming students: This is a great way to see some of the other students attending from your local area.
Congrats to all who made these achievements!</p>

<p>That’s weird, my son isn’t on it and he had straight As.</p>

<p>^^^don’t worry, they make mistakes with the list, one semester my son should have had a Presidential desigination and they listed him as Dean’s list and also sent a letter of congratulations with the wrong designation.
Check your son’s transcript, it should be noted on there. Remember that the transcript never denotes the Presidential list, only the Dean’s list.
At the end of the published list there should be a contact number for the department that published the list, call them and have them fix the list. They will need to verify his grades. Now that the list is online, it should be an easy fix.</p>

<p>Students who are enrolled in grad level courses do not appear, even when they are undergrads. Don’t worry, he got the grades, that’s all that counts. No one reads that list and judges whether or not your son’s name appears.</p>

<p>@robotbldmom: there’s our boys together again. Congrats to your President. Mine got the first B of his life, only made Dean’s. </p>

<p>Just for giggles, I went back 10 years to look at the trend of this…so, here are the # of students listed on the Dean’s/President’s list for each Spring Semester:
2004: 3369
2005: 3485
2006: 4100
2007: 4316
2008: 4793
2009: 5431
2010: 5783
2011: 7006
2012: 6847
2013: 7822
2014: 8388</p>

<p>Chardo: Thank you for the congratulations. it was a nice way to finish out his college career along with the Summa Cum Laude :)</p>

<p>Congratulations to your son!!! </p>

<p>Congrats to all the other fine young men and women who work hard all semester long. </p>

<p>aeromom: those are some impressive statistics showing the rise of students achieving the Dean’s and President’s List.</p>

<p>That’s summa great accomplishment. What’s next for him?</p>