Spring 2017 Engineering Transfer Thread !!!!!

Feel free to post your courses, GPA, and choices of major as your info would help other applicants with the current admission status. Thanks

I applied for Spring 2017 in-state transfer

I have completed Texas Common Core requirements. (received Bs in Engl 1301 and two GOVT classes)

Plus,
CHEM 1411 & 1412 both As
PHYS 2325/2125 A
CAL 1,2,3 all As
MATH 2320 (Diff Equat) A

GPA : 3.804

I am taking Physic 2 (with lab), Engl 2311 (technical corresp) in Fall 2016. Please share your ideas if I have any chance for a spot in Petroleum Engineering. Should I take ENGR 2301 (statics) at my community college ? I couldn’t find the course in the transfer sheet.

Thanks.

I applied for Spring 2017 in- state transfer

Application was submitted and in review: 8/01/2016
date of audit: 8/17/2016

First choice: Industrial Engineering
Second choice: Manufacturing & Mechanical Engineering Technology

Stats: Hispanic female

Submitted both essay A&C

First semester I attended UTSA and took (GPA: 3.68)

ENGL 104- B+ (I also have AP credit score:4)
HIST 151- A
MATH 151- A
PHYS 218- B (w/out lab)
AIS 1202- A (required by UTSA, does not transfer)

Second semester I attended UH and took (GPA: 3.809)

CHEM 101- B+
CHEM 111- B+
MATH 151- A
POLS 207- A
PSYC 107- A

Current in progress courses

MATH 253
PHYS 208 (w/lab)
POLS 206
PHYS 218 (just lab)

TAMU audit report GPA: 3.67
total credits: 30

Apart from the credit hours taken at university most of my AP scores from high school satisfy most of the core requirements

chance me?

@monserrate
Since you have taken all the courses that are recommended by the Ind Engr Dept, your application looks pretty competitive. Plus, your GPA is far higher than the requirements which makes the extra-cur and work exp less influential. So, your chances are very obvious and visible. I strongly believe that you will be admitted. Good luck. Please keep updating your application status. Thanks :-bd

Thanks! Will do!

Second semester I took MATH 152-A

Typo

Feel free to post your courses, GPA, and choices of major as your info would help other applicants with the current admission status. Thanks

@niket9090 i am also applying for petroleum, but my GPA is lower than yours and I’m taking cal3, physics 2 and technical writing this fall. did you receive your transfer audit yet?

@Vietnamese I applied on August 1. Because i didnt submit my transcipt through preferred method, my applicantion has been delayed. im still waiting for the transfer audit.

My gpa was 3.81. When I received my transfer audit, it went down to a 3.7

@Vietnamese Do you know any particular reason for this ? I am still waiting for my audit. Hopefully it ll be posted soon, I ll keep updating

It means one of the classes you had an A in didn’t transfer

Officially accepted to PETE !!! Yay