Spring 2017 transfer to Texas A&M(anyone else?)

@dmc2020 it may just be taking a little bit longer or you may not have caught the initial round of applications for them. I applied on the 9th & when into review around the 18th & got tabs last monday-ish i think. Im kinesiology, but its college of education/human development

Do you think I have a good chance tho with 3.58 on 31 hours

i would think so, i had a 3.54 on 37 hours

Do you have all the prerequisites to apply for transfer for that major? That gpa is great. Shouldn’t have a problem if required classes have been taken. Good luck!

@dmc2020 You should be good. Have you taken these classes?

• Two Math courses: MATH 141 (MATH 1324) and MATH 142 (MATH 1325) or approved equivalent
• Two Natural Science courses (4 hours each)
• ENGL 104 (ENGL 1301)
• Application Essay
• Career goals with an explanation of how this degree program will help achieve those goals

I have both the maths and one science. I am taking the other science and English right now at Blinn. I have already done everything else. I talked to Mr. Ricketts and he said people have been accepted without having all of the requirements.

@dmc2020 Who is Mr Ricketts? I’ve heard they have also denied but ask for grades at end of semester and then admit! Keep us posted.

@1wannabanagE I think thats if you’re applying for the fall semester only.

Someone on Reddit told me to ask him but he isn’t the head of the department. I think he just works there. Can you guys recommend who I should call or email to ask about the wait?

@dmc2020 I would call an advisor with your department. Since it’s up to each dept. they can make exceptions.

I don’t mean to be negative or anything, but i would call your department and find out for sure because from what i was told, everything needs to be already on a transcript at your time of application if you’re applying for the spring. If its for the fall, then they can be in progress. & i have heard that they are not very lenient on that.

crossing my fingers for you @DMC2020

I applied to kinesiology and I have only one science completed and one in progress but I got my tabs so I think they can be in progress.

@dmc2020 I am also school of Education and had one of my courses “in progress.” So that just affects the competitiveness of your application. Your GPA and everything is solid, so I wouldn’t worry about that. They typically look at your past similar courses (your grades, if you have any drops, how many you’ve done, etc.) and evaluate you from there.

@rogue19 Oh that’s great! And on line it said it was required for you major?

@dmc2020 I also talked to an advisor recently and they said that if I didn’t get admitted but had the course in progress, they would highly recommend appealing my application

@1wannabanagE Yes. 2 sciences must be completed. But I do have a 4.0 and almost everything else on my transfer requirements completed.

Check your portals people! Mine just updated to admitted!!

@AgMedic94 what’s your department?

Agriculture!