Spring 2017 transfer to Texas A&M(anyone else?)

@mohay95 Yes, when you are accepted it means you are accepted to both the university and your major.

Have anyone gotten accepted in Civil Engineering yet? I submitted my application a few days after the registration opened. I haven’t gotten any decision from them yet.

Hi! I applied for spring transfer to TAMU Construction Science program. My application was complete and in review by August 25th. I was wondering if anyone knew how long its going to take to her back. Also If anyone has any insight on what my chances are of getting admitted that would be greatly appreciated. My GPA is a 3.73 and I have 33 credit hours. Thanks!

Hi! I applied for spring transfer to TAMU Construction Science program. My application was complete and in review by August 25th. I was wondering if anyone knew how long its going to take to her back. Also If anyone has any insight on what my chances are of getting admitted that would be greatly appreciated. My GPA is a 3.73 and I have 33 credit hours. Thanks!

@ChristianDelgado51, it looks like we will be waiting until the deadline of October 15th or 4-6 weeks after possibly. And it looks like you have a really good chance at getting admitted with those stats. :frowning:

Thanks @YakinAg! Are you also applying for construction Science?

@ChristianDelgado51 I applied for COSC, talked to advisor and they are waiting until all application are in on Oct. 15 and will make a decision 4-6 weeks after that. So mid Nov.- early Dec. we will hear something back unfortunately. With those stats you have a good shot. Not sure how many applicants they have but I’ve heard they are trying to increase students for the program.

@TXag2017spring @ChristianDelgado51 @YakinAg The construction science department told me that they’re looking for people that are in the 3.0 area, which it seems that were are pretty high past that mark. I think we should have a more than likely chance of being accepted. its just that the wait sucks haha.

@TXag2017spring @YakinAg @pokerunner thanks guys! Any information is helpful! I’m just so anxious and want to be accepted already lol

@ChristianDelgado51 Yes sir, There are probably 5 of us on this thread!

How do y’all go about finding someone to talk to in your desired department? And from there how do y’all get them to actually give your information about what kind of applicants they’re looking for rather than the common “you’ll hear back by December” answer. @pokerunner @TXag2017spring

@CompSciAg Well what I did was search up the department advisors on google and called one of them. After making small talk I just asked "what would be a competitive GPA and what kind of applicant are you looking for your program."hope that helped!

Hi I am at blinn right now. My Gpa is 3.85. I already took all important classes like both physics both chems and three calcs. I want to transfer to biomedical engineering. Is my gpa good enough?

@YakinAg If I were to get accepted to Construction Science would I be in the actual program already or would I just be accepted to the University and have to apply to the department separate?

@ChristianDelgado51 you would be accepted into both a&m and construction science. No need for extra applications. The only time you would technically apply for construction science again is for when you need to register for upper level classes (junior year) also in order to apply for upper level you need all the pre reqs completed

Thanks for the information! Much appreciated! @pokerunner

Once you’re in, you’re in! Like @pokerunner said, you will have to apply for upper level after completing all classes for freshman and sophomore year on the degree track. For example, upon acceptance, i will need to take all 4 Cosc classes and a Mgmt class spring semester before I can apply for upper level. @ChristianDelgado51

Ok that clarifies all of my questions, thank you so much! @YakinAg

How long it usually takes to receive acceptance letter by mail?

@mohay95 it really just depends usually 2 weeks at the most