Spring 2017 transfer to Texas A&M(anyone else?)

@AggieTransferr it depends on which department you applied to.

@AggieTransferr what’s your major?

I’ve been following this thread since it began and finally got around to applying.
Applied 9/12, Transfer Audit 9/15, Heard back with a decision 9/27/2016.
Got into Communication - Liberal Arts w/ 3.6
Good luck everyone!

When would I hear back if I applied 10/03 and I got my transfer audit 10/06? I’m an animal science major in college of ag & life science

Computer Science

@1wannabanagE hey yes I ended up figuring what the best one for me was with my parents. However I have a couple questions for you.

Have you done any of these?

1. Lab Safety Acknowledgement
  2. Verified Residency
  3. Submitted a photo for Aggie Card

I been unable to do 1 and 3, and i’m confused about 2. Thanks btw

@AggieTransferr Hey! Same here! Would you mind sharing your stats? I applied on 8/15 Audit created 8/19 and still haven’t heard back.

4.0 GPA…lots of volunteer hour…extracricular activities…85 hours including all math classes up to cal3 & diff eq. Physics 1,2 Chem 1,2 Mechanics and all core classes, 3 recommendation letters from phds, ranked second on my physics class and still rejected admission to petroleum engineering.

How do you know you got rejected? @Eidonn

I contacted a them over the phone

@Eidonn did they give you a reseaon why? Your stats are very impressive and good!! And so they tell you the decision early?

@CompSciAg

4.0 GPA with 51 credit hours. Very few ECs.

I didn’t receive the decision formaly…I called the department over the phone and was told that this spring they are going to accept 2 students-so far- and that I should apply somewhere else. They gave these 2 transfers preference because they are transferring from 4 years university and from the same program vs me transferring from community collge although I do have an associate degree in engineering.

@AggieTransferr Nice! I spoke with my transfer advisor and they told me that they’re waiting until the deadline to begin reviewing applicants. We should be hearing back sometime in the next month.

Hello, I currently have about 47 hours and a 2.9 GPA trying to transfer into POLY SCI. What grades did you have when you got in and what do you think my chances of getting in are?

Keats2016, I got accepted for Poli Sci just yesterday. Transferred with 52 credits, 3.1 GPA.

@Eidonn how did you contact them? Can I have their phone numbers?

@Eidonn I also applied for Petroleum Engineering and got rejected. I can’t believe that they only accepted 2 students for this spring. Do you think they are going to accept more students for the fall?

Denied Admission to Construction Science… They did not even view my application due to a 2.4 GPA (1.2 GPA from 8 years ago) + (42 Hours with straight A’s and one B in a year since returning). My worst possible outcome (all C’s for Fall grades would put me at 2.65 GPA) but they did not even ask for Fall grades. I was told by the advisor that my application would be reviewed, well it wasn’t. I plan on appealing, and if denied waiting, or going to UH. This stinks.