Spring 2017 transfer to Texas A&M(anyone else?)

Well hey we may not have gotten accepted yet but we still haven’t gotten denied yet, I guess that’s a positive lmao!

@pokerunner @coscAGG17 @ChristianDelgado51 I talked to the department head today, and he said that they are still reviewing applications (including mine!!!) I called and got them to push my application in for review even though I didn’t meet the 2.5 due to grades from 8 years ago (mother passed away that year, why I dropped out). Hang in there guys! I am hoping the trend continues and they release decisions tonight and they show up tomorrow or late tonight.

@YakinAg so wait they will make decisions today???

@YakinAg dude that’s awesome, I’m excited they ended up reviewing your application! Best of luck!! I hope your upwards trends helps you out, it looks really nice and shows your determination.

@YakinAg I’m so glad to hear your back in for review! I’ve never seen that happen! But that did they all say? Should we expect something by tomorrow

@coscAGG17 @pokerunner It was not easy getting through to them… and on the decisions, I am just being hopeful! I suppose that is what they are doing, but I am just guessing because my classmate got his on Tuesday night after finding it on Wednesday morning. From the other threads, I believe there is a trend in the release dates of decisions. So no he did not say that we would hear something back tomorrow. Actually he said decisions can go up until December (my case, not yall’s). You guys got this in the bag no doubt!

@YakinAg I hope I have it in the bag! And that’s pretty cool I’ll be checking tonight

@YakinAg That’s amazing! Way to take initiative and not give up.

My application was fully completed 10/11/16 and went into review 10/24/16, and as of 11/01/16, my AIS showed that I have been admitted for Nuclear Engineering! Exciting! So most people who finished their application around early/mid-October or any other earlier date should be finding out relatively soon (most likely this week) whether or not they’ve been admitted.

So glad I found this discussion! I’m also waiting, on pins and needles, for my acceptance. We can be optimistic, right? I’m an Animal Science major & would like to minor in Zoology. My application is complete, in review, and the Transfer Audit Report date is yesterday, 11/1/16. I probably check the status 15 times a day since this all started. Can hardly wait to find out!

NUENAggie is a troII.

My application(Comp. Science 3.7 GPA) was completed and went into review on 09/14. Audit report was
done as of 9/27.

Seeing that numerous folks here who applied later on have already been accepted, do you guys think my application was most likely placed on the “waiting” stack?

Nonetheless, congratulations to those who have been accepted! :slight_smile:

@aggieCS you have a great GPA, are most of your classes the math/science that they want? And about your application being pushed back… I don’t think there has been any CS people admitted just yet, also decisions are based off departments. For ex, construction science waited until October 15 to start reviewing applications. Overall, I think you have a great shot at being admitted. Just hang in there we’re all waiting with you!

Appreciate the support! Yeah still hoping for the best along with you guys.

Hey guys, I was accepted a few days ago and I wanted to post my credentials in the hopes that it can ease some anxieties for those still waiting on a decision.

GPA: 3.58
ECs: none
LORs: none
Credit hours: 40 something
Essays: wrote 3, i would say they were anywhere from “good” to “excellent.”
Accepted major: first choice, BA in Sociology

Stay strong guys. I think if you have a high enough GPA, you should be set unless you bombed essays or something. Good luck!

If anyone is looking for off campus housing for spring 2017, aggiesearch.tamu.edu is a great portal for complexes and houses, as well as roommates. Filter by criteria. Good Luck everyone.

So my application was complete 10/10/2016 and transfer audit 10/20/2016. I applied for Petroleum and haven’t heard anything back. Is there anyone in the same situation?

I could be wrong, but Engineering was one of the first departments to hear. Them and Liberal Arts. If you had a good reason to wait to apply, then you may be okay, I just heard it’s super competitive for Spring Transfers. Crossing fingers you get good news soon though!!!

Has anyone heard from construction science yet? i submitted my application in august and has been under review since. A buddy of mine who was in the military got his acceptance 2 weeks ago.

@towarren He got accepted to construction science??? I applied 8/1 and still waiting