Spring 2017 transfer to Texas A&M(anyone else?)

I honestly am getting salty. They should have accepted the ones who applied first. I feel like they should know

yea he got accepted to construction science. he said they accepted military and athletes first before the normal transfers.

@towarren I was unaware of that. I hope their is plenty of spots left

Lol. Y’all, I just gave up on checking howdy. I’m sure we’ll hear back this month for sure. It’s taken forever. It’s up to the department how they view applications. They may start with those that have the highest GPA’s and go from there. They may start with those who have the most hours with courses that pertain to the applicant’s major. Who knows. But again, I’m sure we’ll hear back this month.

From what I’ve heard (from family that works at A and M) the engineering department is swamped and have a lot of kids. But, they are still looking for people to join the engineering school so if you have been waiting a while (like I have) be patient. I’m hoping we hear this week or the next.

(I’ve posted this before. If you’re interested, please reach out!)

Howdy Future Ags!

For those of you who have been accepted already, congratulations! For those of you still waiting to hear back, I know firsthand just how painful the waiting and wondering process is because I was actually a transfer student myself into Mechanical Engineering during the Fall of 2013.

Texas A&M University is a fantastic place to be a student and has provided me with opportunities and experiences I will never forget. With that being said, I am quickly approaching my graduation date this December, and am excited to start the next chapter of my life working as an engineer, full-time.

I am currently searching for a student who plans to move to College Station for the Spring of 2017 and is looking for housing. The 4 bedroom house I live in is ridiculously close to campus, and has the coolest roommates you could possibly ask for. The house has a backyard and each tenant has their own room and bathroom. Please contact me if you would like more information or would like a tour of the house! I am willing to negotiate. Also, feel free to contact me if you have any questions about life in College Station or making the transition as a transfer student. I work in the advising office so I answer similar questions every day as my job =]

Message me through this website or text me @ 281##309##2342.

Thanks, good luck, and Gig ‘Em!

@ construction science applicants, well today marks the official week when the department said it should take 4-6 weeks after October 15 for an admission decision. At least now we can realistically start to have some hope! Best of luck everyone, hopefully we will find out sooner rather than later! As for the other major applicants, I am pulling for you guys as well!!

@pokerunner yea I agree!!!

@pokerunner hey I just got an email saying this "
Due to the amount of applications received for the Spring 2017 semester, please allow for 5-7 weeks for a decision to be made. You will hear back before December 15th"

@ChristianDelgado51 I heard this just now

@coscAGG17 where did you hear that ?

@pokerunner an administrator from the construction science department emailed me

A while back I had emailed her to see how much longer and she just replied

@coscAGG17 dang so much for having hope. This really upsets me, if they would’ve just reviewed applications from the beginning like every other college they wouldn’t be in this mess. Now the problem is that we have to put other colleges on hold just so we can hear back from them, which can get a bit tricky when you factor in where to find an apartment, orientation dates, fees you have to pay.

Did they say if they were gonna release decisions all at once? Or in the order they came in(rolling admissions)

@pokerunner I don’t even know what too say I’m so upset

@coscAGG17 not sure if I asked but do you have any back up schools in place?

@pokerunner I do not because i haven’t found any other

This is kind of ridiculous, they shouldn’t go back on their word. I mean I wish they realized that the whole world doesn’t just revolve around them and other people have to make decisions and plan for other things for the following year.

@ChristianDelgado51 I understand what you mean but what can we do?

@pokerunner they didn’t say how they were going to make decisions. I say we all tell them so they can understand