Spring 2017 transfer to Texas A&M(anyone else?)

@pokerunner hm, I think its took 8 days for mine to get processed, and about 13 days for it to be audited, so you could possibly in the first wave, UTSA is nice, the campus is pretty small so its not much walking and there is a lot of school spirit. we won the pink contest last year so we had a Zedd concert for free. The classes were fairly easy. Overall I liked it a lot. I’m at UH this semester because I was cap, even thought I got into UT, I decided not to go because Its either A&M or UH and I really want A&M Sorry for errors, im in class so im trying to take notes and write this rofl.

@MariaHEHE

Math 141 and 131 are required for transfer. http://hlknweb.tamu.edu/sites/hlknweb.tamu.edu/files/AEP%20Catalog%20138%20Degree%20Plan%20Packet.pdf scroll down to the second page. Their substitutes are listed.

Required:

MATH 141 Finite Mathematics
Credits 3. 3 Lecture Hours.
Linear equations and applications; systems of linear equations, matrix algebra and applications, linear programming, probability and applications, statistics. No credit will be given for more than one of MATH 140, MATH 141 and MATH 166.
Prerequisites: High school algebra I and II and geometry.

MATH 131 Mathematical Concepts—Calculus
Mathematical Concepts–Calculus. Limits and continuity; rates of change, slope; differentiation: the derivative, maxima and minima; integration: the definite and indefinite integral techniques; curve fitting. No credit will be given for more than one of MATH 131, MATH 142, MATH 147, MATH 151 and MATH 171.

Substitutes:

For MATH 141 would be MATH 166: Finite mathematics, matrices, probability and applications. No credit will be given for more than one of MATH 140, MATH 141 and MATH 166.

A substitute for MATH 131 would be MATH 142: Business Calculus (MATH 1325)
Business Calculus. Derivatives, curve sketching and optimization, techniques of derivatives, logarithms and exponential functions with applications, integrals, techniques and applications of integrals, multivariate calculus. No credit will be given for more than one of MATH 131, MATH 142, MATH 147, MATH 151 and MATH 171.
Prerequisites: MATH 140 or equivalent or acceptable score on Texas A&M University math placement exam.

@Thelma2 I am not going to give up. I’ll apply and see what happens. Only thing that will keep me back is negativity towards myself and having no faith.

@Thelma2 Thank you!

@MariaHEHE Thats the right attitude to have in this kind of situation. The best attitude is a positive attitude

@MariaHEHE I transferred to Blinn from Baylor since I didn’t get admitted for the fall because of those missing classes. For my major, I needed 2 math and 2 sciences as my recommended but only had one science (which TAMU didn’t count though it was Chem 1405 but that’s another story ha)
From my experience, they’re apparently really big about that so just warning you!!
But don’t let that get you down. Keep on believing in yourself and go for it!!! You can do it!!

@am1996 thanks! I’ve been at a community college too (San Jac) and I am just ready for university life and to get on with my life. It wouldn’t be like me just to give up, I’ll apply and pray about it, but doubting myself will only make my situation worse and no better. Thank you for the heads up! @Aggie1997 thank you.

@MariaHEHE Which San Jac campus? I’m from Central.

@ssppiikkeerr , South campus.

FYI… talked with Admissions today. So far no transfer decisions have been made. They promised they will update as they roll in. They aren’t waiting til the 15th if decisions come in earlier than that. Yay (I guess). So I guess we keep checking the system.

is that for all majors? @1wannabanagE

@amandakate11 He said all transfers… that no departments have given decisions yet.

@1wannabanagE so all departments will give results Around September 15th? And will they update you when they give some transfer admissions acceptances?

did anyone of you guys receive the Corps of Cadets advertisement? is it a good sign?

@ssppiikkeerr @MariaHEHE I’m from San Jac too. what’s your major?

@Vietnamese No, I didn’t receive a Corps advertisement, wish I did considering I plan on joining the Corps lol. & Cool, my major is Political Science.

I also did receive a corps advertisement email!

@AgMedic94 i received mine through mail

@ssppiikkeerr @AgMedic94 did you guys receive the transfer audit? is it a good sign if you receive one?

I received my transfer audit Thursday, but I’m concerned because my gpa is lower on my audit versus what my campus gpa is. Hopefully everything works out!