Spring 2017 transfers

-College you’re transferring from
-GPA
-1st choice major
-2nd choice major
-Date of sent application
-Date of admissions decision
-Are you set on A&M?

I figured we could talk amongst ourselves as the admissions decisions get sent out. Good luck to everyone applying!

-Transferring from Blinn
-3.5 GPA
-Construction Science 1st Major
-Urban Planning 2nd Major
-Sent app 8/1/16 Went into completed and review on 8/7/16
-Still waiting on decision

Has anyone got accepted yet or feedback from A&M?

-Transferring from lone star college
-3.55 GPA
-Construction science 1st choice
-Psychology 2nd choice
-planning on sending my application later today!

Looks like we’re similar in stats @TXag2017spring ! From the information I’ve gathered I think a 3.0+ would be a good chance of being admitted. Several people transferred internally to construction science with below 2.7 GPA’s

Transferrin from a major University from Oklahoma (And some credits from Blinn)
3.34 GPA
RPTS
43 credits
Applied on Aug 1. Into review on Aug. 11th and Audit posted on Aug. 18th.

Am so anxious.

Transferring from San Jacinto College
3.14 GPA
Kinesiology
Hopefully Horticulture or Nutrition
I haven’t sent in application yet, still trying to get my scholarship essays together
I’m scared and nervous that I won’t get in, but keeping my optimistic face on though it will killing me on the inside.

-Transferring from SFA
-GPA: 3.13
-Psychology
-Communications
-Date of sent application: August 30
-31 Completed Credits
-Still waiting on a decision
-I am 100% set on A&M, but if things don’t work out I have a back up plan.

I am beyond nervous guys, but good luck to everyone!

@southernbelle18 , how was SFA? I toured SFA and it was OK. Its always good to have a back up plan. I have one as well if A&M isn’t going to work, but I am still going to stay positive.

-Auburn University
-Kinesiology
-Psychology
-August 9th
-Still in review :confused:
-I am set on on A&M and I’m not sure what ill do if it doesn’t work out but ill figure something out

@MariaHEHE Honestly SFA is alright. I feel that SFA only fits certain groups of people and that wasn’t me. It all depends on what you’re interested in and what you take pride in. Plus, there isn’t a lot of stuff to do on/around campus besides party and eat and that’s about it. If you have any other questions just let me know!

@southernbelle18 I understand. I think I got the same vibe that you did when you were a student. I only visited it and I just didn’t feel as if it was right for me. What is your back up plan if A&M doesn’t work? If you don’t mind me asking

@MariaHEHE To either go to Texas Tech or University of Houston. They are the next best fits for me and they have great programs for what I need. And those are great schools to go to anyways.

@southernbelle18 , I was considering Tech as well, but the distance is my only issue. UH is right down the street for me, but I’m so tired of living in Houston, I am ready to get out and explore other Texas towns and cities.

I was wondering when transferring to A&M. Do you need to have at least 24 transferable credits ALREADY completed when applying or can you apply still with 24 transferable credits IN PROGRESS while applying?

I am almost positive they have to be completed transferable credits.

@stuckinadilemma you do need to have 24 hours already completed. usually for someone applying for the fall semester they’ll ask for spring grades in case you do not meet the 24 hours. Not sure how spring admissions works, since classes do not end until around early december and that’s when schools shut down for the holidays.

For the spring, they have to be on your transcript already, but for the fall, they can be in progress.

University of Oklahoma
GPA: 3.91
First major: mechanical engineering
Second: aerospace engineering
84 completed hours
Applied August 16 went into review on 25th and got the audit on the 31st
Trying to remain optimistic but know how tough transfer into ME is