Spring 2019 Transfer

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody is transferring for Spring 2019 to UM and if you have had issues with admissions in the sense that they’re not telling us much but that decisions come out mid December, which I find crazy… mind you, my application was submitted September 5th.

I currently have 46 credits, 3.60 for sports administration. I will be completing my AA by the fall, for those who might want to know my stats.

Good luck to us future canes!

Heyy! So I just applied about a week from now and hadn’t heard anything yet. I don’t have my cane link or anything. On my common app “check status” the only thing missing are my transcripts which I already send to the common app and to UM via email ( I am talking about official transcripts) . I am transfering from a college inside florida but I am an international GPA 3.7 and 39 credits Business Major (BSBA)

@clan123 are you currently taking classes in the fall? They told me to send the official transcript once I have finished the semester, I did submit my unofficial one through the Common App. I have yet to received my canelink as well, I’m so stressed out.

Btw, did you get to submit it before October 1st? aka the priority deadline?

I sent my application on october 1 but was not complete so i dont know if i will qualify. Also, I am just taking one class this semester due to health problems but I am so confused with where do I need to send my transcripts because the only thing missing on my common app are the transcripts but i already send it to UM and to the common app

I just called and they told me that the cane link will be out within the next week or two so we are fine

"The priority deadline for the spring is November 1 and the priority deadline for the fall is March 1. " so we are in track for the priority deadline as well. I took that quote from this page https://admissions.miami.edu/undergraduate/about/FAQs/transfer-applicants/index.html
@UMspringT

I’m sorry to hear about your health, I hope you’re better now. But that website hasn’t been updated in centuries, that’s why I don’t trust it. The priority deadline was October 1st, and the regular deadline is November 1st. If you sent it before 11:59pm on the 1st, it still will be priority so don’t worry!!

Hopefully they do come out next week and they answer with our decisions even faster, the anxiety is killing me!

Update: so I just called the admissions office and they told me that they started sending out emails with the canelink. That the decisions should be coming out mid November!!! I have yet to recieve my canelink, but hopefully I’ll get it soon.

Let me know whenever you have any updates.

I havent received anything yet… the common app said that my application is complete so I don’t understand. Have anyone received the cane link yet?

Sameeeeee. They’re driving my crazy, now they’re telling me the priority deadline is Nov 1st. That mid November they will start giving out decisions, but no canelink either yet. I’m so tired of admissions, I just want my acceptance letter!!!

I just received my canelink about two hours ago

Me too!! Thank God I don’t have anything on my to do list, do you?

no! me neither. When are we supposed to start hearing back?

Supposedly, decisions start going out 2 weeks after November 1st. Let’s hope it’s true this time

I’m applying as a Bio major with a 3.68 GPA, will have 63 units done by the end of the fall semester of my sophomore year of college. We all seem to be in pretty good shape in regards to the Statistics from last years thread, hopefully we make it! Completed my application last night but submitted it about a week ago. Heard UM students register for spring classes starting Nov 5 so hopefully we hear back soon.

Awesome to hear @TheU2019 I’m pretty sure we will get accepted, I also read that thread a couple of weeks ago. Did you receive your canelink?

I think we will too, especially since UM is on a rolling admission and we submitted way before the deadline we should be fine. Got my Canelink in the morning, but I think they sent it to me on the 19th as well.

Great, I was so happy when I finally got that canelink. I applied over 2 months ago & nobody could give me a simple response as of when was I going to received it

do you have any academic advisor assigned?

Nope, but you can find out who’s your adviser online. It’s according to our last name