Spring 2019 Transfer

I had to go on campus and see my adviser. You won’t be able to enroll on your own until the 28th

@caity427

I was accepted last Monday 15k presidential scholarship a year. 39 credits, 3.78 gpa

has any of you be able to enroll in classes?

Tomorrow you should be able to enroll guys!

Is anyone here from out of state? Has anyone been able to register?
I have been trying to figure out who my advisor is so that I can register for classes, but no one is getting back to me.

I recommend to call them and let them know you’ve emailed them. They have a crazy amount of emails on a daily basis, specially during this time of the semester @caity427

I emailed the person I was told was my advisor and she has not gotten back to me. I want to register because all the classes are getting filled up.

Call the school and tell them to connect you to your adviser, and speak with her/him and let them know you’ve sent them an email @caity427

Hello Future Canes, I am wondering has anybody heard about financial aid except president’s scholarship. I am an international student. I got admitted last week and got president’s scholarship worth $15,000. But, i am still waiting for need-based aid that i have applied for. I just wanted to know have anybody has heard anything about it yet. If yes, please tell me when you got admitted and when you heard about financial aid.
Thanks,

If anyone is willing, can you share a ballpark for you EFC and what your final COA is (Along with housing situation)? I still haven’t received my package from them. My EFC is 11k, I can’t commute (50 minute drive + parents are moving this summer), and I’m wondering if I should just give up on Miami and choose UF instead. Not optimistic as is on being able to reasonably afford it.

I haven’t received it either guys, but they told me that we should be getting them this week. I’m a low income student, so I should be getting full financial aid. I will share my my info once I receive it.

You should call UM and explain your situation and that you need to hear already to make a decision @Anco17

@UMspringT I tried, but they told me to wait about a week or so. I’m not sure if I want to wait that long, but I should be able to find housing at UF easily. At least that’s what their housing office told me. Not so sure about UM, but they have some options.

I’m in a weird situation, my parents are high income but due to bills they practically have no money. my EFC isn’t very low, so I’m not going to be optimistic on good financial aid. Their NPC told me around 36k or so. Definitely not going if that’s the case.

UF has hella apartments housing, are you living in a dorm or apartment?

I honestly would wait til the end of this week and check out, cause you don’t wanna regret it if UM ends up giving you more money @Anco17

I’d be living in an apartment. Don’t think either school has on campus housing for the spring.

Sounds like a good idea, i’m going to wait for Friday, and if I have nothing by then, I’ll call them and tell them I really need something that day @UMspringT

I’m pretty sure UM doesn’t, the housing is very small. Fortunately UF has lots of off campus units. That was my second option, but it was going to be way more going there cause I had to include rent/meals and those expenses compared to UM since I’m a commuter @Anco17

@UMspringT Ah I see, I wish I could commute lol, but that’s sadly not an option for me. I got my package by the way! It’s affordable for the spring, but I’m not sure how it works. They gave me a Coral Grant that’s pretty generous, but I’m not sure if they halved the amount for spring attendance, or if that’s how much of a grant I can expect to get for the entire school year next year. I’m going in person tomorrow to verify.

Did you get your FA yet?

@Anco17 when did you get admitted, and how long after you heard about your another aid?

@ysachin I was admitted the 14th of November and just got my FA in yesterday. To be fair, I did have to go through FASFA verification.

Hey everyone! I applied for spring 2019 in October. It is now December 5th and I have not received a decision yet. Just wondering how many people have also not gotten a decision?