Spring 2019 Transfer

I got a letter of recommendation from a judge and one of my professors.I think I have a pretty good essay. I applied as a Criminology Major.

Also, I still haven’t received my cane link but I just applied like within this week.

Awesome! You are probably gonna get accepted, no worries. You should be getting it soon, if you don’t receive it by Friday next week, contact them

have any of you have nothing to do on your to-do list?
they told me it was okay to have stuff even though I already sent it but I still don’t understand why i have 2 college transcript request if i have only been to one college…

That’s a mistake, I had them too but today they took them off. I still have my college report pending, but I spoke to them and they told me they do have it, to not worry. If you’ve sent your transcript, you’ll be fine. They don’t update canelink too often

Has anyone called recently to see when decisions will be released?

Nope, I feel like I’m a pain in their ass and they’re gonna deny me from how much I be calling. I make accents every time I call and all so they can’t tell it’s the same person hahahaha

I recently called them and they told me mid December :frowning: I was wondering if anyone else heard the same.

Someone that’s not from the front desk told me that decisions “should” start coming out 2 weeks after Nov 1st, but I’ve also heard the mid December one so God knows. I was reading the thread from last year in the spring and some people were accepted the first week of November, and then the rest were accepted the first week of December. Hopefully we get lucky and they accept us soon

I just called and they told me that decisions will start coming out late November, he sounded pretty firm about it so let’s hope it’s acrually true

I hope that’s true. it’s so frustrating how each time we call they tell us something different

It’s so funny because I had 3 of my friends call within FIVE minutes, and they all got different answers. One said mid November, other said late November (I called for this one and he actually didn’t let me finish my sentence, so I’m trusting this one) and the 3rd one said it’s a rolling basis (which obviously wasn’t very helpful because we already know that)

I am a freshman looking to transfer to the University of Miami. I do not have a college GPA since I am a freshman. will this effect when I will get a decision from Miami? are there any other freshman transfers here too?

Hey @umiami2019 . Did you apply for freshman year? If you did and they denied you, chances are that they might will again just because you don’t have a College GPA yet. I would wait until you’re a 30 credits so you don’t have to worry about sending all the high school stuff. If you didn’t apply for freshman year, then you might have a good chance, if you have the grades because your stats are all from high school so you’re basically still a high school student to them

Hey guys,

I just recently transferred to UM this fall, and im looking for a female roommate to move in anytime between Dec-Jan until next fall. I live in a 2 bed/ 2 bath, at Gables Ponce (where many of UM students live), around 5 min to campus by car/ 2 miles. If anyone is interested, let me know and you can reach me at mec298@miami.edu for more info.

GUYS A FRIEND GOT ACCEPTED TODAY!!! Decisions are coming out!

how did it found out? on cane link does he/she received an email or anything?

Canelink, check it! Always check it on a daily basis, sometimes you don’t get the email until a day/days after

In the student center? I guess but where should it be I dont even know where to see if I had a decision

If you would’ve gotten your decision, you’d see it on the student center. You get a message through there and once you open it, you’ll see your decision