Spring 2024 Transfer

Daughter applied as an external transfer to the School of Education and Human Development for spring 2023 semester. She was not accepted. She has 60 hours transferring from another Texas university with a GPA of 3.6.
Any ideas why? Too many credits?

Did she have all the prereqs done for her major? That gpa is solid.

And what major within the college?

Yes,she says she did. Her major within the school was kinesiology. She was worried her gpa of 3.6 was not enough. She had 60 credits after attending Texas State. She attended two years and was on the deans list both years. She then attended Blinn for Fall semester 2023 and has done well so far.

@Mattian she had 60 hours at Texas State, and she’s now enrolled at Blinn?

Yes, that is correct. Her course audit in her TAMU application has all the courses flagged as transferable.

1 Like

What major under kinesiology?

Basic Exercise Physiology.

Not sure this was the major she intended to choose under kinesiology but that is what is listed in her application BS=KINE=BEP

Hi,

For anybody who is transferring in Spring of 2024,

I am subleasing my apartment (it’s in REV Northgate) and is walking distance from campus (less than 5 minutes).

If interested, please reply to thread and I’ll get in touch.

Max preferred hours is 60 with 3.0 gpa.

How many hours is she taking this semester?

Also, I would have her call the admissions office to see if she can get a reason as to why she was denied. My only assumption would be 60 hours… eapeciallly if she’s taking a full load this semester.

2 Likes

She is taking 14 hours this semester at Blinn. She is reaching out to admissions tomorrow to try to get some info.
If it is because of the number of credits she has, is there anything she can do to get into A&M?

You have to have 45 hours at Tamu to graduate with a Tamu degree. That would put her at 46 with a typical 120 hour degree. Maybe they’re looking at that.

Has she applied elsewhere?

1 Like

She hasn’t applied anywhere else. She moved to C Station from Texas state with hopes of getting into TAMU. Her apt with admissions is next week. Guess we will see what they say before we decide next options. Disappointing.

Have your student review Public Health, one can transfer up to 90 hours.

Prospective transfer student needs to review transfer course sheet closely.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/getattachment/ad61553d-49a4-4e3d-b8a3-f160cda10697/2022-2023-Public-Health-TCS-dc-Edit.pdf

1 Like

I applied with 42 hours and a 3.71 gpa for econ, I’m only missing business calc but did all the other pre req with all A’s. I applied on 10/11 and got my audit on 10/20. Should I be expecting an admission decision soon ?

Transfer course sheet stated Fall course work won’t be used for Spring transfer. If that’s the case required course work is not completed without Math 1325.

1 Like

Current transfer here! I did my freshman year at OU and was accepted to A&M for fall 2023 and currently am enrolled. However when I applied some of my required hours were in progress so I got defer decision for spring grades then was accepted. Does tamu do defer decision for spring applicants or is that only an option for fall transfers like me? I also have a friend who applied to transfer jn the spring with a 3.75 gpa who’s still waiting to hear, I believe all her coursework is completed tho

Most transfer course sheets state Spring grades can be deferred for Fall applicants. But Fall grades won’t be used for Spring transfer.

1 Like

Turns out she was missing a bus calc which she is taking this semester :woman_facepalming:t3:
She spoke to a general advisor and could not get an answer on the credit situation. Once she has all of the pre-reqs, would the number of credits still keep her out?

Did the advisor talk to her About the credits maxing out?

Also, missing a required course definitely kicks back rejected in the fall. Sometimes when on progress in the spring, fall decisions can be deferred. It’s just not possible to do because of the quick turnaround for spring admission.

I wish she would have found me sooner so we could have worked the schedule better. I would ask her find out about credits though in case a backup school is needed. If she’s run out of classes to take, she can always take a gap semester and just work. She can apply for summer. She’s already ahead of the game!

2 Likes