Spring course and registration schedules available

<p>Spring course listings are available on MyBama (and have been available for about a week)</p>

<p>Spring registration schedule is located here:</p>

<p><a href=“http://registrar.ua.edu/services/mystudent/registration-and-advising/spring-2015-registration-and-advising/”>http://registrar.ua.edu/services/mystudent/registration-and-advising/spring-2015-registration-and-advising/</a></p>

<p>Time to start planning for next semester!</p>

<p>Just to clarify/warn first-year families…because this comes up every semester, which is the question of WHEN exactly is your registration window?
Registration is done on a priority system, based on earned hours as well as if you are in the Honors College or a distance learner, etc. <strong><em>Your ‘hours’ status does NOT include hours you are completing this semester, however.</em></strong>
To find out your registration status, log into your mybama account, and look for “Registration Tools” under the “Student” tab. There will also be listed there, any holds that bar you from registering, such as not having an advising session completed, etc. Good luck, everyone!</p>

<p>Thank you :-)</p>

<p>I have a question…</p>

<p>If I am an honors college student but didn’t attend this semester,will I still be given a priority registration?</p>

<p>I’m NOT registering NOW-visa is not even approved yet, shucks-but I am curious.</p>

<p>I believe you would be treated just like any other honors college student, but just with zero hours - or however many hours you earned through AP, etc. - in other words, you would be ‘priority reg’, just with low/no hours. Find yourself on the table. I’m guessing November 4 @ 3 pm?<br>
Being in the Honors College and having priority registration is the single most important benefit of being in the HC, handsdown. Even with no prior earned hours, you register before everyone else who isn’t in the HC. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Should it be done at the school?Not website?
BTW…44credits.
ROLL TIDE
And no more beavs haha</p>

<p>Paul, I would guess (although I don’t know for sure) that you’ll attend a Bama Bound and registration would be done there. They have Bama Bound for new students before every semester. You might want to start looking into when that will be. But all registration is done online, even if you’re physically at Bama Bound.</p>

<p>I was told by admission office and Mr. Morris that I won’t need to attend Bama Bound or Intl orientation again, so I was curious.
So how does prior registration work? </p>

<p>Oh, did you already attend Bama Bound? I wasn’t sure if you had attended; just knew you were unable to register. I would still verify with them in advance that the advising you got for fall semester will carry over to spring semester; if not your registration hold won’t be lifted. The way it works is you simply log into MyBama at or after your appointed time and register. You can double check your time under the registration tools link posted by Aeromom, although it may not be there yet (I haven’t checked).</p>

<p>^Thank you.
Do HC students have earlier access to registrations than non HC students do? </p>

<p>Re post #9 ^: HC students <em>are</em> considered priority registrants, so everything I’ve said above, and everything that is on the link that is in post #1 is enough to answer your questions. ALL HC students register for classes before ANY other non-Honors student.</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>^ regarding post/question #5, above: all students who have a mybama account can view courses for Spring at this moment, already, and plan out their schedules ahead of time. Existing students, and those who are officially registered to UA, who are starting UA in the Spring 2015, do their registering for classes on any computer that has access to their mybama accounts - this doesn’t necessarily have to be done at school, although I have no idea how “int’l” students are handled - maybe they make you do your registration in person w/ someone sitting next to you - I just don’t know. Yours are the kinds of questions that need to be asked to a person (on the phone) who handles students in your situation (i.e., new to UA, coming in their Spring semester from off-campus). </p>

<p>I would not rely on CC for the specifics related to your situation, Paul. If you do not have your visa by 1st week of November, then you will not be able to register online/in-person/noway-nohow, so all of this discussion is potentially moot. Call someone at UA to get the definitive answers on how to proceed. If your visa is delayed beyond mid-November, you will be registering after every other student has already registered, so keep that in mind when you plan out your courses. You may need alternatives if some classes are full. More for you to think about…</p>

<p>Paul, I would think you won’t be able to register on the specified Honors College date unless your visa has come through by that date. </p>

<p>hopefylly it should be approved by tgen</p>