Spring courses

<p>Any feedback on:</p>

<p>Culture & Human experience? UH 105 or IH?Nothing at all in the description.</p>

<p>Honors Mentoring- College readiness?</p>

<p>Any UH classes have Lit designation? I know Eng has a bunch.</p>

<p>Financial Freedom?</p>

<p>I think S will more than exceed UH credit requirements as he likes the very small classes, just like his small HS.</p>

<p>I can comment that Prof Scwabb is teaching an espionage class. S says he is great. Unfortunately it’s at 8 am!</p>

<p>My DD is currently taking the Financial Freedom class and loving it. Both the class and the professor came with the highest recommendations. I think it also counts for ‘W’ credit :)</p>

<p>Financial freedom does not fit into sons planned scehedule for next semester, or I think he would try to sign up for it. I think he may do the Southern Values one if he can get in. He needs another H/L/FA course.</p>

<p>My son was told that none of the UH courses carry the Literature designation.</p>

<p>Question for the old hats: on your transcripts, does it list a UH 105 class as just that (“UH Honors Mentoring”), or does it give a brief title for it as well on the transcript? </p>

<p>Also, can anyone give info on the various UH 105 classes - there are no/limited descriptions…and what does “practicum” mean? Does this course meet off site, and if so, how is transportation arranged? S does not have a car, so while these classes looked possible, esp because they met in the late afternoon/evening, maybe they are not practical for him at this time. Thanks.</p>

<p>Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from their assigned school. The mentoring classes meet once weekly on campus for class and also have an assigned day and time for the required off campus mentoring commitment at a particular school which is known as the practicum. There is often a book to read and weekly current events for which students are assigned writing assignments. Some classes also have weekly journal assignments.</p>

<p>It shows up on the transcript exactly as listed for registration so they are not simply listed as Honors Mentoring.</p>

<p>I can’t answer your questions directly. If you know the name of the prof that teaches the class you can ask for a syllabus. Sometimes that answers your question. Alternatively, just email the professor your questions and concerns.</p>

<p>My D asked for a syllabus and asked questions from a prof and then dropped the class and picked up another one that suited her more.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>