Spring move OUT hotel rooms?

<p>Are there ANY hotel rooms left for May move out? Last year I booked our room about this time with no problem, but I just got D’s exam schedule figured out and tried to book and after checking 10 different places I’m not finding any availability. . .</p>

<p>Just found a room at the Comfort Inn off Skyland.</p>

<p>Best book your rooms if you’re planning to stay over during move out!</p>

<p>Graduation???</p>

<p>Perhaps that’s it -</p>

<p>Yup! Commencement is Saturday the 5th. D’s last exam is the 4th so I was booking for that night.</p>

<p>Timeflew: where is the exam schedule listed? D & I talked about that before she went back and I forgot what she said. I’d like to have a heads up myself.
Thanks!</p>

<p>[Spring</a> 2012 Exam Schedule | The Office of the University Registrar - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/final-exam-schedules/spring-2012-exam-schedule/]Spring”>http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/final-exam-schedules/spring-2012-exam-schedule/)</p>

<p>MyBama
Student tab
Self service Banner - Exam schedules</p>

<p>I just booked the same Comfort Inn. Thanks timeflew!!</p>

<p>Sometimes I think that T-town could do with a very simple motel with just small rooms with clean beds and bathrooms (no frills) to handle all these situations where a person isn’t going to be in their room much, but just needs a clean place to sleep and shower.</p>

<p>^^^Agree, mom. Just a roof over our head and place to wash up is all we need! I booked for move out a couple of months ago, and the closest I could get was Bessemer. But, I’m picky about my hotels and prefer Marriott properties. Glad y’all were able to get hotels as close as Skyland!</p>

<p>seriously…the rooms would just have to be big enough to have either a Queen or 2 doubles in them and a bathroom. As long as the place was close to restaurants and shopping and UA, what else would most people need?</p>

<p>I made reservations yesterday at the Holiday Inn Express (across from Mall). I have one graduating and two moving out of Ridgecrest. Many hotels have a two night minimum and the room rates are very inflated! I also had to pre-pay for both nights. The Hampton closest to campus had a three night minimum. Their Fri/Sat room rate was $249 each night and the Sun. Room rate was $149. That is just crazy! Got to love the Free Market pricing…it boils down to supply & demand. </p>

<p>FWIW, the last three years I slept in my son’s (or his girlfriend’s) room the night before he checked out. We rented a Uhaul van by the hour plus milage to move his belongings to a storage unit. *24 hour access is highly recommended.</p>

<p>To help my son with moving out of his place, my husband and I plan to visit T-Town during the first week of April. Our school district has the time off. We can pack up lots of his things and bring them home before May’s move-out.</p>

<p>Looks like S has a Friday exam. H is going to fly down, help pack/ storage and drive back with S. I was going to have him fly in Thur, but S will be trying to study & H will want to start packing.
If his exam is on Fri, does he have to be out on Friday, or is Sat am ok?</p>

<p>Idinct, I think we left on Sat. morning since my son had a Friday exam. The RA will have each resident schedule their move-out room check closer to exam week. </p>

<p>One year, I flew down and rented a smaller SUV for 24 hours. My son was not able to pick me up from the airport due to exams. After his Sat morning room check, we made one last stop to the storage unit and drove directly to the BHM Car Rental return. My son waited a few minutes at the cell phone lot, just long enough for me to return my rental. It worked out great since we had to drive north on I 65. It may have only added 10 miles to our trip but it saved two hours by not having my son pick me up at the airport before moving him out of the dorm.</p>