Spring Registration - "No Holds" Question

<p>My son met with his adviser and now has “no holds” on his registration status. Since that session he wants to replace one of his ECE courses with a different ECE course. Does “the system” know which courses the adviser approved and will only let him sign up for those courses? If that’s the case - he’ll need to meet with an adviser again… </p>

<p>Or(as it is at my daughters’ universities) as soon as the hold is lifted they can sign up for whatever classes they want to.</p>

<p>Add’l info: In degree works the spring 2014 says active plan -locked and won’t let him play around with changes. That’s when I realized it may not let him register either.</p>

<p>Related 2nd question. Because he is a double major, the engineering adviser just entered 2 theater class without corresponding course numbers or names. Does this mean he can sign up for any theater class? </p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Once the hold is lifted, a student can register for any course they choose. There is no system that checks what was approved vs. what was actually chosen at registration.</p>

<p>That’s what I was hoping! Thanks!</p>

<p>Class2012Mom - where did you get that info from? I’m not challenging it, just curious how you know this about advising/registration. Also, is this ability to choose any courses once advised only applicable to eng’g or to other schools/majors as well?</p>

<p>It’s for all majors/colleges. S changes his choices before & after registration all the time.</p>

<p>My answer was based on personal experience and common sense. There is no way UA - or any school - could staff enough manpower to micromanage every student’s schedule change.</p>

<p>WHERE do you check to see if registration holds are lifted???</p>

<p>^ Student tab, registration status</p>