Spring Registration

<p>Registration for spring classes starts next week. Just a suggestion - students should go onto MyBama in advance of their registration time and check their registration status to be sure all holds have been cleared. Every now and then there’s a snafu and an advisor forgets to lift a hold (or a student forgets to see an advisor), and that could delay registration. To check registration status on MyBama, go to the Student tab and click on the Registration Status link under Registration Tools.</p>

<p>Thanks for the tip; I just checked and everything is OK.</p>

<p>Students can also put all of their classes in their “Registration Cart” before their registration opens so all they have to do is hit submit and they don’t have to waste time adding classes once their registration time opens.</p>

<p>They may also want to check if the classes they want are still available the day before their registration opens. That way they won’t be wasting time the day of registration trying to rearrange their schedule because the section/class the had planned on taking is now closed.</p>

<p>^^ Class2017, how do you do this? I’ve never seen a registration cart, although I’m sure there are many nuances of the registration system of which I’m not aware. We’re constantly finding new things on MyBama.</p>

<p>I thought there was some way to “save” a few schedules from Schedule Builder" and to use them directly to Register… No?</p>

<p>And, if so, how?</p>

<p>I saw something on Schedule Builder that led me to believe that you could put the classes in a cart, as Class2017Mom said. I’ve intended it to mention it to my kiddo.</p>

<p>But I didn’t see that you could save directly from SB to MyBama.</p>

<p>My son only has one possible schedule, so not sure on choosing between multiple schedules, but I do see where you can click from the cart to register for the entire schedule.</p>

<p>So you have to do that through schedule builder? If one doesn’t use schedule builder does registration work the same through the Add/Drop tab on Mybama as it always has?</p>

<p>Beth’s mom - as far as I know, yes. I don’t see any other way.</p>

<p>Can you have several schedule options in your cart?</p>

<p>You can send a schedule from Schedule Builder directly to the Registration Cart. The option is available when you actually open a schedule that is generated (not just a quick peek view).</p>

<p>Has anyone actually registered yet that can let us know how it went???</p>

<p>Registration starts on Monday for grad students.</p>

<p>I messed up with my question…can you have several different schedule options on the builder just in case a class was filled? I know that the hardest class to get at Bama bound were some of the required freshman classes. I guess I will tell my daughter to keep watching the classes each day to see if they are filled.</p>

<p>I don’t know about having several different schedules, but my daughter already has her schedule entered and “saved” using the schedule builder. </p>

<p>If you click on “Registration Status” from the mybama student tab (under Registration Tools) and then select the Spring 2014 Term, then at the very bottom of the Registration Status page there are several links:</p>

<p>[ View Holds | Add or Drop Classes | Schedule Builder | Registration Cart ] </p>

<p>Under Registration Cart is my daughters saved schedule and the button to register (once registration is open for her)</p>

<p>If this system works like older D’s (same software, small differences in set up), then you should not put two items in the cart that conflict time wise or pre-req wise. </p>

<p>Best bet is to select the # 1 choice schedule from Builder and put into the registration cart. THEN, on paper, have the course numbers of your 2nd choices for each course/time slot. </p>

<p>When you hit enter at your registration time, the system will accept the requests for open classes and spit back a list of the classes that were closed/time conflicts etc. You would then go to your second choice list and try to fit other sections/classes in. </p>

<p>Pick the schedule that has the most impacted courses (only one section offered, etc.) and enter that into the registration cart. Have alternate sections/classes on your back up list that will fit around the impacted classes.</p>

<p>If you have more flexibility, great. DD has almost no flexibility - Schedule Builder came up with 5 possible, and they are all the same except for one elective class.</p>

<p>Any grad students tried yet?</p>

<p>Those with senior hours registered today. My D registered this afternoon with no problem but I don’t think she used her cart. She manually added classes because she was advised to do so due to an override situation.</p>

<p>D registered today with no problems.</p>

<p>Using the Schedule Builder?</p>