Spring semester housing

<p>Does anyone know if it is possible to get into a different dorm in the spring semester? My son and 1 of his roommates really hates where they are now and would like to see if there was anyway possible to move to a new dorm in the spring. They are currently in Rose Towers and they say it is horrible there. The building smells and they say that they have people that are coming in every few weeks to spray for mold. They have to keep the rooms soo cold to keep the mold from growing. I didnt know who to ask so I thought someone on here could help me out. Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>have you asked housing? i am sure there will be some rooms open up. not sure that two would open up together.</p>

<p>No I havent asked housing yet. I guess I will give them a call the first of the week. I was just wondering if anyone knew if they would let them move or not. Thanks!</p>

<p>i think i have heard of people switching to different rooms.</p>

<p>If there is an issue of mold in the dorms and it is a possible health issue, then housing should be notified immediately. If they are spraying for mold, what exactly are they spraying?</p>

<p>I would try to get an answer to this question right away. I would also insist on a room change but don’t expect roomies to be together.</p>

<p>It is definitely possible to switch rooms for the spring semester. In fact, students can switch rooms as soon as two weeks into the school year.</p>

<p>Rose Towers is 42 years old and is going to be demolished this summer. It is not going to look or smell like a newer dorm. You son and his roommate will be able to switch dorms, though there is no guarantee that they will be able to live together and the available options may cost more. There is also no guarantee that they will like their new living situation, especially if they enjoyed the conveniences of living in Rose Towers, such as the kitchen, living room, and private bathroom with bath tub.</p>

<p>unfortunately they cant use the oven because there is no temp dial on it. He said they just have to guess at what temp setting it is on and things tend to burn or not get cooked through. The private bathroom is totally nasty. No amount of scrubbing will get it clean at all, and the living room carpet has some kind of very large nasty white stain in it. Someone joked one time that it could be the outline that the police do around a dead body. Im not sure that the cost difference would be a problem, my son is on scholarship that pays his housing. He just was late about getting his deposit paid last year because we werent real sure that we could afford to send him. We finally decided we would do whatever it took to send him to Bama since that was where he really wanted to go but by this time he ended up with the last of the dates to pick his housing. Surprisingly though he got a late scholarship offer at the last minute that covered almost all his expenses, housing included. He already had his housing picked so we decided that he could manage for a year. Never dreamed that Rose would be as bad as it is though. I will call next week and see if they can get him moved. Thanks all for your input. I just wasnt sure that they would be able to move or not.</p>

<p>D just got a new roommate mid semester, as did the suite of boys around the corner from them. I’m not sure how easy it would be to switch two kids together though…</p>