Spring Transfer Acceptances?

<p>My boyfriend applied for spring '09 transfer into UW. His case is exceptionally odd in that he is Swedish but won a Green Card to move to the US (moved two years ago). He left university study in Sweden- where he was at one of the two oldest and best universities in the country- to move here to live with me (we have been together 4 years) and to finish school in the US. To add more red flags to the file we moved to Madison last November when I took a job here- mostly so we could gain residency so he could finish school and I would have the option to do more grad school if I needed to (the job I took was in line with my career at any rate). I am originally from Wisconsin, and was a '95 UW acceptance (honors) although I went to another school due to cost issues- for which I am still kicking myself to this day!</p>

<p>I had him take the ACT (he scored a 30), and he jumped through the TOEFL exam hoops as required even though he has little to no accent and is completely fluent in English. All of his transcripts had to be sent over and were translated into English and all of them show excellent achievement in his high school and university studies with good breadth of subjects. Hell, we even had difficulty trying to determine if he was an international transfer or, because he holds permanent residency, a domestic transfer- it was really weird. Then we had to send in proof of residency (after we passed the year mark) and more documentation about his whereabouts in the past 10 years. He had less hassle getting a job at the post office!</p>

<p>At any rate, his status changed today, and it changed to the "a decision has been made" statement. Does this mean he will be receiving a denial letter? Does it ALWAYS say Congratulations! if you are accepted?</p>

<p>Sorry for the long post, but this has been driving me nuts for almost three months and now we are headed out of town for five days!</p>

<p>Based on what other members have said, once it changes to, a decision has been made, it takes an additional two days or so to say what the decision is. However with it being Christmas that result could potentially be Monday I would guess because the admissions office is off. Hope that helps, you just have to wait a little longer</p>

<p>Alright, he got home from work and I had him log into his account-</p>

<p>It says "You Have No Pending Applications At This Moment"</p>

<p>Guess I jumped to a conclusion....but I havent seen this statement noted anywhere yet on this forum?</p>

<p>His status has changed from out of state to Resident which is good.</p>