Sprint and Verizon Wireless Service/Signal

<p>I'm attending Virginia Tech this fall and will need to get a new cell phone service. I really want unlimited data so I was looking between Sprint and Verizon. Verizon is more expensive but I have heard a lot of good things about the Verizon's signal strength in Blacksburg. I haven't heard much about Sprint though. Anyone know anything, I need to know rather quickly.</p>

<p>Thanks, in advance.</p>

<p>I have Sprint and I’ve never had any problems on campus that I can remember.</p>

<p>Even in dorm rooms with all the brick walls? Have you heard of anyone else having/not having problems?</p>

<p>Verizon is great. Sprint is not as good.</p>

<p>Verizon worked fine for me both on my phone when touring buildings and the dorm room and my internet connection was fine in the hotel on campus</p>

<p>As far as I know, the list goes Verizon, then T-mo and ATAT, and then sprint? I haven’t really heard much about sprint but one of my friends with sprint didn’t have much trouble with it. Supposedly, t-mo is slightly better than ATAT but they may possibly merge, so they may have better coverage next year. But, verizon hands down has the best coverage. My friend has only had no signal once all year-he always seems to have at least 1 bar.</p>

<p>AT&T did purchase T-Mobile so I imagine that there will be better service on campus by the second semester.</p>