SSP 2023(Summer Science Program)

Anyone apply to the program? International results should be out soon and domestic in 4 wks. Just wanted a place to put stuff before the results come out.

2 Likes

Yay, I did!

1 Like

what is the link to this program?

1 Like

What does the stats of a typical student being admitted to SSP look like? Does anyone know? I care more about the Astrophysics program specifically.

I applied but it’s a bit of a pipe dream. Anyone else applying for Biochem?

bc here

1 Like

790 math sat, from california, good at writing essays lol

1 Like

36 math act, north carolina, mid essays

oops i was talking about the average admit, not my stats… LOL

How did you get average stats?

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

contending for astro here; i’ve made USAMO and USACO plat, taken multiple upper div undergrad math courses, but don’t really have anything to show for myself in physics outside of a 5 in appc mech. would my apparent lack of focus in the research area actually set back my chances?

yo guys the INTERNATIONAL DECISIONS ARE OUT.

placed on the alternate list for genomics. does anyone usually get off the alternate list?

Anyone knows when SSP would release their decision? Son got admitted by COSMOS, and we need to accept by 04/12. Hope SSP can let us know before this date

My son did COSMOS last year (UCSD in what is now Cluster 7) and loved it. It’s a fantastic program and the list of college matriculations by COSMOS alumni is impressive. So regardless of what happens with SSP or any other program, your son has a great option for this summer

Unlikely before the 12th.

When will they have the result out? Other camps are asking for confirmation.

1 Like

Week of April 17th (by April 21st)

1 Like