SSP 2023(Summer Science Program)

How do you know this? Is this stated somewhere on the website?

1 Like

I e-mailed and they said they had a record number of applications this year and, similar to the timing with international applicants, they were running about a week behind and were aiming to notify folks the week of April 17th (possibly as early as next Monday)

last yrs domestic results came out on a Sunday morning around 12 am pst/3 am est, is there a possibility that results could come out tmrw?

By request, I made the SSP-reject-zone channel. Donā€™t worry, as of now, the decision if not out yet. But feel free to slip in and take a look lol.

Admitted - decisions posted on applicant portal late last night!!!

2 Likes

From the Discord thread: 1) 208 spots, 2600 applicants; 2) 37 spots for intl.
students; 3) from postings, a ton of (mostly courtesy) WLs and seemingly a lot few rejects. Decisions available on SSP portal from around 7am this morning

1 Like

Congratulations!

SSP vs. YSPA, chose which one? Both adimittedā€¦

From what iā€™ve heard YSPA is less draining, itā€™s practically the same program but I believe YSPA has more activities outside of the main astrophysics research.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Will you be attending?

Does anybody know if Alternate List is ranked or what are the chances of getting in?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure of the chances of still getting in but in the alternate list email they say that they donā€™t rank the alternate list in advance.

Did anyone get a letter from SSP? My son got rejected, but all he saw is ā€œnot admittedā€ from the application portal

Same here, only found out ā€œnot admittedā€ in portal.

link expired

Did anyone get into the Biochem program?

Also, I know decisions just came out but would people like to share stats?

Rejected for Biochem
10th grade:
AP Calc BC, Bio, Physics C Mechanics, US History, Honors 10th grade english+spanish 4.23UW/5.03W
Started Jazz Band + Math club

Accepted for Biochem. 11th grade

at TJHSST, top 5% of class of 450, 1600 SAT, 36 ACT, Science Olymiad winner, 1 published research paper (1 of 1 authors based on last summerā€™s research)

1 Like