SSP 2023(Summer Science Program)

1 of 4 authors

Likely to turn down as love my RSI project

You got in RSI and still waited for SSP?

3 Likes

Sorry, I’m totally new to the summer camps and stuff, what is RSI?

The most prestigious summer research camp, super selective. Google RSI camp.

2 Likes

waitlisted for astro, good gpa, 3.95 uw and 4.43 w, likely around top 1-4% of class, 11th grade, decent ecs but no research, attended cosmos last yr, congrats to ppl that got in!

1 Like

waitlisted for biochem:
sophomore
4.0 UW
Taking AP Compsci and Euro
Not a lot of leadership in clubs but a tennis captain for a multiple state champion team
bio club, science fair and research club, math team, science olympiad
Not a lot of awards, just a recognition plaque from our athletics department, our school’s signature award that’s handed out once per year, and a collection of science olympiad medals from invitationals.
Volunteer: Junior counselor at a summer camp for refugee children (mentioned in essay), the rest I didn’t mention- tutor every week at a nearby public elementary school, started an initiative during the pandemic to donate masks to nursing homes (raised a bit more than 4k, donated around 12k masks).
Research experience in a chem lab from UoC, no published papers
 did a science fair and won a special award and some money but I didn’t mention it.

1 Like

Rejected for Genomics
11th grade
99.33 UW, W not available
35 ACT, 5 on Chem and Calc AB
HOSA Co-founder of local chapter, Treasurer of state,
HOSA State Comp - 1st in Health Informatics and Biochem
HOSA Barbara James Service Gold Award
DECA States - 1st in Automotive Service Marketing
EURO - Group of 5, top 20 internationally
Flute - All county a lot, nothing major
Piano - 100 on Level 6, competed in state comp, nothing crazy
Research - some research, no papers

A lot of my stuff came out after deadline, so I wasn’t able to talk abt my deca and hosa state stuff in my application. I did put in my “Note to SSP” so I’m pretty sure they saw it
My essays were abt my research, HOSA, and EURO, as well as my medical exposure in shadowing and clinical volunteering. It sucks getting rejected even after getting rejected last year, but life moves on.

Chin up! Your stats looks amazing and I know that good things await you in the future. The world needs young folks like you and so what ever you do, Do not get disheartened by this!! Good luck

1 Like

The previous one has expired

anyone get off of waitlist yet?

What’s the commit deadline for ssp?

Didn’t get off waitlist =( have fun everyone that got in!