St. Mark's School (MA) Q&A!

My son did not have a great experience at the SMS revisit day and will be attending Williston instead. But maybe I will be back in a few years when my daughter is applying for class of 2029.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Iā€™m new to the forum but have been following this site for few months now. My daughter will attend St.Markā€™s school in September, 9th grade as a border. We live in East Coast but about 5 hours south of the school. I hope to get connected with other parents.

2 Likes

We live within a half hour of SMS and my son is entering as a 10th grade boarder. If you have any questions about the area we are fairly local and know a lot about it (I have a brother who lives with his family in Southborough). We are really looking forward to connecting with other families as well!

1 Like

Thank you so much! How lucky you live that close to the school. It means most if not all weekends he will be home. We will definitely keep in touchā€¦I know a little bit of Massachusetts but it was my first time to be in Southborough and we didnā€™t spend much time either. I hope when we come back again soon we will be able to spend more time and get to know well the town.

Hi there!
I have a question has anyone here already checked the Getting ready section on Health and Insurance forms? I see this Health Forms Packet - New Students but there is no link to access this form. I donā€™t know if it is the same to all or just on my side. Thanks in advance

Canā€™t remember where I saw it, but there was an earlier communication with an overall timeline and the health forms would come out some time in May. Iā€™m guessing weā€™ll get that soon. I do remember a July 1 deadline and kids will need a TB test as well. I think theyā€™re pacing us - so much starting paperwork :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I was following the checklist and it says in May. I wanted to know what they want on their form so when I take her for the appointment I know what to ask as I am doing one next week for her summer camp. They take two weeks to fill these forms here. Last year I had to pay money to do the sports checkup somewhere else as the time they told me it would be ready to pick it up was further away out of the day I wanted, but I think we still have time for the July 1st deadline.

Hi! I do remember to see the rooms in a new building and the beds looked like they were already raised up ā€¦I am just curious are bed risers needed? If so which one are people using? I was looking around and saw there are ones that are 4 inches, 8 inches and 20 inchesā€¦