Stanford 2027 Waitlist Thread

from posts in other college threads, it seems like they do not ask (or care) for the identity of the caller…

no!

Will there be any waitlist movement until Tuesday since the office is closed until then? Also, for everyone accepted from the waitlist, were your counselor’s contacted prior about second semester grades?

Is there any chance more decisions will be released tonight or sometime later in the week?

Based on their past history, it is possible that rejection and extended waitlist offers will be released this Thursday, so I somewhat doubt that any more acceptances will come out until after that.

Does anyone know if Stanford requests second-semester grades? I had a 4.0 GPA when applying, but my second semester grades have kind of dropped since and were just posted yesterday.

Years ago, a friend got off the extended WL in August. They did a last minute pivot from their original choice.

This is hardly the norm, but it is how a WL works - to fill spaces, where needed.

Are internationals ever put on the extended waitlist? Also, has anyone tried calling the admissions?

1 Like

What I meant is that I didn’t think anybody else was getting in until after they send out extended WL offers and rejections (I think these will come out tomorrow, but I’m not sure). After that, they might admit more people.

Has anyone gotten off the Stanford waitlist on Friday through Monday(their offices are only open Tuesday - Thursday)?

I know one person who got off on Monday and a couple on Friday.

Any news?

Can someone call and ask? When we will find out about the waitlist?

Why can’t you call and ask?

1 Like

I know someone who last year found out as late as July. So, I say just keep some sense of hope for the best for now. I don’t even think the admissions office will know yet since someone else could very well drop out at any second, to be honest.

Perhaps updates will be sent out at some point this week? Seems like they’re delaying releasing decisions until much later than they have in years prior.

1 Like

Seems Iike not much news after the first wave a few weeks ago. I’m guessing we will hear some not great news soon

1 Like

I think we should think positive: why would they make as wait so long only to reject us? Maybe there’s a chance of another wave no?

Most, if not all, of the people in the first wave probably accepted their offers. Doubt if there are any spots left at this point…

Maybe 1-2 here and there as we get through the rest of the summer.

Just my guess obviously!

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t understand this. In previous years, they used an extended waitlist. It kind of sucks they are delaying doing that this year as it gives a lot of false hope.

4 Likes