Stanford Admissions for Applicants Fall 2022

That’d be great – it is the last one and we all have had enough suspense and anxiety already (even though D22 has no expectations of a positive outcome LOL).

Hey! What was this theory? If your buttons disappeared was it a good sign or a bad sign?

For last year, if the “application update” button disappears and the address remains on the portal, then it means you were accepted. But I am not sure if this will happen this year as well.

For me, I have both address and update application. We could only know if it will work closer to the decision date.

My daughter still has both.

Doubt anything would’ve been updated now — probably at least a week before stuff gets reflected on the portal.

Yes, I know it’s a bit early. Just wanted to say it did happen last year.

Correlation does not imply causation, particularly when the sample is both self-reported and small.

3 Likes

A friend with very low GPA got interviewed last year, then got rejected. So, ya, interview means nothing…

They don’t offer interviews to everyone and they offer none to students in the Bay Area. But they also say that all interviews take place between mid-January and mid-February for RD, so I’m a little surprised to read that anyone would have just been offered an interview on March 22, a couple of weeks before decisions come out.

S22 brought up a great point about his application portal…it has both “Permanent Address (required)” and “Current Mailing Address (if different).” I believe in past years this meant the student was in! Any thoughts? Is he admitted?

Already into Caltech and received USC Merit! Great options :)))

3 Likes

Wow, hoping for the best. My S22 only has permanent address. Probably a rejection oh well.

Wishing him the best of luck!

1 Like

Is the checklist still there?

Yes

These portal astrology posts are satire right?

1 Like

In the years this was an indication of acceptance…I can try and find the link to last year’s thread for you.

I thought both permanent address and current address if different, we’re always there?

Anyway I just have a hard time believing that Stanford, or any school really, would have a portal system that telegraphed decisions in advance.

But it’s fun to look for clues in this last boring phase of applications, waiting for the last ones to come in! No harm in it I guess.

5 Likes

Just for the kicks and giggles, this is what it was last year!

1 Like

But it’s true.