Stanford Admissions for Applicants Fall 2022

Well, I’m not too worried… But I had no idea that this PDF we were clicking on was not something you couldn’t already download. I know some schools you can download the PDF of your application.

Is there anyone who are not able to download this or see different things?

Why? Why would a pdf of your application reveal anything about your application status? If people step back and listen to all of these “theories” about portals you realize it sounds a bit paranoid and crazy. You did the hard work to be in the running for Stanford. Don’t undermine that by grasping at straws. All will be revealed in due time. You got this.

5 Likes

Most of the portal theories are dumb, but some of them are plausible. I remember for Purdue EA the # of links available in the portal depended on if someone was accepted or not…I had a friend who automatically got a scholarship because of financial need and being in-state, and I was sitting next to her in Spanish class when people on here were freaking out about the number of links. Looked at her portal and it said her deposit was waived because of her scholarship, (even though she hadn’t even gotten official acceptance) so then we knew she for sure had gotten in and her # of links indicated acceptance. Matched up right with what played out.

So I’d have to respectfully disagree with it being “paranoid and crazy.” Is it a waste of time for us to scrutinize every aspect of the portal? Yup. But last year in the 2025 thread there were some changes that did indicate acceptance or rejection.

2 Likes

Similar happens with TAMU, portal theory is that if you have 7 tabs in another portal or a change of location/major it means you have been accepted or given some form of acceptance and I haven’t seen it to be disproven yet and has worked for everyone I’ve seen

Does everyone have this?

yes.

Since day 1

1 Like

Yes

Do u guys see fin award letter link to fin aid portal in css profile on collegeboard letter availability date apr 1

Yes, but unfortunately it does not mean anything. I also have them for two schools I was waitlisted from and rejected at.

Right now we have these only for acceptances and not for schools not providing any aid

Valid point, but I think there are too many of us here that have it. I have it as well.

Not sure if it’s true for all the schools either…I got into UMiami for example and got FA, there isn’t an “award letter date.” I don’t have a date for Harvard either but probably not getting in there either! If someone here has one for Harvard then maybe that will change my opinion.

1 Like

Yes I think everyone has it and my kid even has it for Tulane which she was deferred from. I think it means that’s when they award financial aid for the accepted students.

Does Stanford have any portal astrology as of now?

I don’t think so

It literally does not mean anything because it’s the date when Stanford will be sending aid to accepted students. I am more than 90% sure everyone has it.

Stanford has at least officially announced 4 pst on Friday is when designs are officially announced!

2 Likes

Yes, I think everyone has that on their CSS info. I would assume. I think I see it even on places where my kid was deferred.

4pm pacific?