Stanford Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Got waitlisted at 5 UCs, but really really hoping for a more positive result with Stanford with it being test optional with my 1550 SAT score.

A friend of mine mocked me when I said I’ve applied to Stanford-Princeton-Yale
and have been rejected by Harvard and MIT.
He told that you were rejected, even I can get rejected, anyone can submit the application, so nothing big. BUT HE DIDN’T EVEN APPLIED.

For context, I’m low-income international and the first in my and even the nearby high school to apply to US univ. for undergrad, and was also the topper of my district in class 10th

4 Likes

I congratulate you and wish you the best of luck. Putting in the effort and time to do the applications says a whole lot more than just saying “anyone can be rejected” of course many will be rejected but looking back you can say you tried. If you didn’t (like your friend) you will be saying “what if”. You sound like a great student (I’ve seen your posting on MIT chat) good luck tonight and you will be where you belong!

3 Likes

You don’t have a chance if you don’t show up.
Where ever you end up always get out there and fight for yourself.
Good things will happen if you do.

I wish you the best of luck.

5 Likes

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

15 Likes

thank you so much you all for such kind words :blush:

3 Likes

Awww I love the positivity in this thread. I genuinely hope that all of us receive good news for decisions <3

7 Likes

Just got rejected from almost every single ivy, tomorrow is not looking good .__.

6 Likes

same not me thinking i still have a chance w stanford after getting rejected from all my ivies

3 Likes

Felt that. I mean, at least our expectations were lessened i guess? I know some kids who got rejected from every ivy and then got into stanford so there’s that.

1 Like

any portal astrology here?

Sad hours going on for me rn

3 Likes

Copy that for me… Disappointing, but is is what is is.

SAT: 1590
SAT Math2: 800
SAT Physics: 800
GPA: 3.8/4.35

Good extracurriculars and great recs.

2 Likes

rejected/waitlisted from everywhere :slight_smile: Stanford is not looking likely… so WashU it is :grin:

2 Likes

same.

Btw does anyone know how finaid for intl students works at Stanford. If admitted, are you expected to pay the amount you mentioned in the iss form ( intl student supp ), or do they calculate it separately based on your css.

A few tips for everyone waiting for Stanford tomorrow- coming from someone with 15 rejections and 1 waitlist.

Don’t spend your time scrolling on CC and Reddit contemplating everything. Instead go outside, enjoy time with your family and eat your favourite food and just have fun.

The results do not define you nor should they change who you are.

No mater the outcome, you tried and no one can put a tag on who you are. You got this!

Keep your head high and continue working hard and giving your best in everything. Only you can define and shape your future and the true skill comes with finding redirection where you thought it weren’t possible.

You got this !!

Signing off.

25 Likes

rejected from the 3 ivys I applied to, so no hope for tomorrow

4 Likes

rejected from 4 Ivys I applied to, so my chances for Stanford are in negative lol :joy::joy::joy:

and in total rejected from 10 out of 12 I applied and waitlisted at Reed. Stanford is the 12th and the last decision.

8 Likes

Last decision tomorrow!!

4 Likes