Stanford Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I sent a few very major updates to my application yesterday will they see it ?especially since decisions are so close.

No.

Yes

I was deferred from Cornell. From what I remember, the address stayed for me and was gone for admitted students. Also from the financial aid portal some people could see their award. Notice this was just 1-2h before the decisions came out

Is it an advantage for me if someone from my school got into Stanford last year ?(I don’t think anyone got into Stanford undergrad from my state for years). Int’l Indian student btw.

No.

Really, the interviewer said that you should get in? I am skeptical. The interviewer has no way of knowing that and it would be very irresponsible to say so at a school with a 4% acceptance rate, or whatever it is these days.

Idk that’s what he said

I agree, but some of the interviewers this year have been a little more than special. Craziest to date was an MIT guy who asked a lot of inappropriate-and creepy-questions, a BS/MD interview with the dude sprawled out on the sofa in scrubs like he’d just come in from the ER and was being inconvenienced, an unsolicited Cornell interview that turned out not so much to be an “informative” one but clearly “evaluative.” I’m seeing some freakiness.

Cornell interviews are not evaluative, regardless of what the interviewer implied or the interviewee inferred.

He had the file. Was wondering if he could have been a reader. He had read the essays. Not trying to cause problems, just stating what happened.

My D’s Stanford interviewer had read her app and had it open while they talked.

1 Like

Yeah, I think some of the schools might be doing a few things differently this year bc of the special circumstances. I dunno.

My interviewer was pretty much asking me the same questions that were asked by Stanford in the app. I think he wanted to be sure that I wasn’t lying.

1 Like

I hope you get in, but take that interviewer’s comment with a grain of salt.

The same goes for any student who has applied to any very selective college. Interviews rarely have much impact on admissions decisions. Interviewers do NOT decide who gets in.

@Lil_Shortay re the guy who did the interview in scrubs: that may have been all the time he had to spare. Interviewers are doing their college a favor, and afaik, are not paid. In my time here on CC, I’ve read of many less than stellar interview situations.

1 Like

For my D, the interviewer definitely focused on two things she talked about in her essays, and she felt like he was verifying them.

Maybe some interviewers get the app when there are questions the AOs want answered.

1 Like

Hahaha! I thought some of it was funny actually.

I shouldn’t be asking this here, but does not getting a Harvard interview impact the decision? (intl applicants in particular)

No.

2 Likes

Scrubs are not atypical attire for residents and attendings.

Now we are just getting into damned if you do, damned if you don’t territory. Applicants are bitching when they don’t get an interview and they are bitching when they do get an interview. Applications are through the roof at top schools, but at many, the alumni base that are willing to interview is static.

While inappropriate questions are never OK, living up to the applicant’s ideal of what an interview / interviewer should be is not the goal. :sweat_smile: So to all the people I interviewed this cycle: I’m not judging your attire/hairstyle/piercings/tattoos, so feel free to ignore mine. And I don’t spend 2 hours per interview no matter how much you want to stretch it out. But I do with you the best of luck.

3 Likes

Hahaha! Love this! :goat:

1 Like