Stanford Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I sent a few updates to Stanford and Yale since they both have that option and I’m wondering whether the AOs get a “notification” or something like that to show that an applicant submitted an update. Does anyone have any idea how it works?

1 Like

Mod, you have tatts? :goat:

When I did alumni interviews, I didn’t have any information from the student’s application. No gpa, test scores, etc.

1 Like

Yes, they do

Quoting @Lindagaf because it bears repeating.

2 Likes

To date, I am not able to find the stats - what % of Stanford applicants get alumni interviews. It used to be 10% about 10 years back and they planned to reach near 100% but I am not able to find any other update OR stats to that Stanford’s goal…

Any ballpark number? is it 50% of US applicants who receive alumni interviews? more? less? I’m inquiring as we didn’t receive one

1 Like

Does anyone know if a more evaluative interview is a good/bad sign or if it is just random? I got asked some very philosophical thought-process questions

1 Like

My D didn’t have an interview and got in REA.

Is it a bad idea to do a second application update? I already did an update about a month ago to let them know about a few updates/additions to my extracurriculars, and now I was just chosen as Co-President for one of my clubs. Is this worth the update? I’m worried about it since they said to be judicious with updates and I don’t want to annoy them.

1 Like

I would not recommend updating for extracurricular clubs. [You already have the awesome XC :wink: ]But otherwise, good luck!

1 Like

Let’s just assume that I do for a second, would it help to add a simple “Thank you for considering my application!” at the end, since this would be my second update?

1 Like

Same!

I think that if you believe that it holds significance to your app, you should - if you know that you will have other awards in the future to add as well, then wait for those and send a bulk update. I sent two updates, but I sent multiple new notable recognitions/additions within both updates (I sent the second in bullet point form because of this).

2 Likes

I haven’t been offered an interview and I’m getting nervous. Statistically, does anyone know how many people have gotten in RD without an interview?

Ik many people getting an interview from Stanford and rejected then and also people getting accepted without an interview, so doesn’t matter much

1 Like

Around 10-15 percent get interviews
I read it somewhere on their website, or may at some other stats

1 Like

Does anyone know what percent of applicants with interviews are accepted? Is there a correlation?

I have not seen solid numbers. I have heard that whether or not you get an interview is likely to depend on whether you happen to live near an alumni who has volunteered to do interviews, and that it does not make much difference, if any, for admission.

Regardless I would not worry about it. Stanford rejects a lot of very highly qualified students. The best that you can do is to apply, and them make sure that you have also applied to at least two solid safeties.

The people I have seen who got likely letters did not get an interview.

2 Likes

are all likelies done??