Stanford Class of 2025 Regular Decision

yup

1 Like

Interesting, I hope that holds true this year! I feel like it is too hard to predict though considering the dates have been shifted a lot this year, as well as the increase in applications.

2 Likes

It says on Stanford’s website (admissions.stanford.edu): Regular Decisions Release: Fri, 4/9:

Updated decision release date for Regular Decision and deferred applicants
This year, the Office of Undergraduate Admission will release decisions for Regular Decision and deferred applicants by Friday, April 9. We are also extending the deadline by which students can confirm their enrollment to Monday, May 3. This new timeline reflects a notable increase in our application numbers and our commitment to maintaining a thoughtful and thorough review.

1 Like

yeah, it says by Friday, April 9, which means April 9 or before

Fair enough: Could be 4/9 or prior.

1 Like

It’s crazy to think how I’ve been visiting, attending, talking about this school for 10 years now and I’m actually going to be getting a decision in less than two weeks; so surreal. Here’s to the fountain hoppers, the dish hikers, the full mooners, and the late-night screamers! Best of luck everybody!!! :evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Does everyone still have their “update application” button/link?

I do have it until now

I still have mine

2 Likes

The Office of Undergraduate Admission will release decisions to Regular Decision and deferred applicants on Wednesday, April 7 at 4 p.m. (PDT)

4 Likes

was this sent in an email?

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

Good luck next Wednesday.

2 Likes

What was the stanford portal astrology last time?

Here’s a comment from the REA thread that sums it up I think (written by Mumfromca in Dec 2020)
“My son got in. Class of 2025. For what is worth, the prediction about the portal changes were true for us. His ‘update’ links disappeared around 2pm but his permanent and mailing addresses did not, and there is also a link to ‘edit’ them. I think they only keep the addresses of the kids that they will need to communicate with in the future, i.e. the kids that got in or got deferred…”

So basically for REA it was once update links disappear (which might likely occur a few hours before decisions according to this comment):
Address still there = indicator of acceptance or deferral in this case
Address not there = indicator of rejection

5 Likes

So, do you think the same astrology works this time also, like do they INTENTIONALLY do this to notify early ?
and if not, then they may have removed these after seeing that people discovered it.

we have only the permanent address as of now as it asks mailing address (if different) which is blank for us. Does everyone have 2 addresses listed in your portal even if they are the same?

I have both, but the first one has a comma after the first line and the second doesn’t.

In terms of the addresses, I wouldn’t look into it too much because although I only had the permanent address, I added a mailing address as they are two different ones soooo I guess we have the options to change if we really want to have two on the portal

1 Like