Stanford Early Action for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying EA to Stanford University.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

I’m an international student, will I be disadvantaged If I don’t submit my ACT/SAT scores?

International student here. My SAT superscore is 1470, which is the exact 25th percentile for Stanford admits. Is it better to submit or withhold?

That’s 750 English and 720 Math.

The most recent CDS for Stanford has their 25th percentile at 1500. Getting admitted to Stanford is a huge challenge for someone in the US with a 1580. Getting admitted as an international applicant with a 1470 (or without a test score) will be exceedingly difficult. Do you have ECs of national or (preferably) international acclaim?

FYI, if you (or your student) is thinking of applying early and plan to submit an arts portfolio (music, art, performance), the entire application is due 15 days earlier (October 15) than the regular early deadline. It’s clearly stated on their website but some students rely on secondary sources like their school’s website for submissions and its not always clear there.

3 Likes

In one of the new 2023-2024 prompts, Stanford asks “List five things that are important to you.” Do the “things” the question asks for refer to objects, people, places, values, or a mix?

Quiet thread. S24 submitted his REA app this week. Long shot, but hopeful!

3 Likes

Mine too. Good luck!

DS submitted for REA last week. Glad the decision will come out relatively soon. Excited but nervous. Long shot for everyone but somewhat hopeful. Not sure what else child could do than what he already has accomplished.

Applied on 10/19, haven’t received an interview yet. Anyone else has received an interview?

They haven’t assigned interviews yet- not until typically Nov 2. Interviews for REA are Nov 2-15.

5 Likes

Has anyone heard about an interview yet? S24 has not.

1 Like

No. Nothing here.

S24 got in person interview scheduled tomorrow.

No interview e-mail yet.

2 Likes

May I know what state are you in? CA? I am in TX.

We live in bay area, 45 min away from Standford.

Thank you so much for the reply. Good luck on your kid’s interview.