Star

<p>I know there was some discussion before, but my D is going to be in the Honors Engineering program and wants to be in the Women's engineering learning community. If they group kids by these criteria for classes, why do we have to come out to STAR? We live on the West Coast, and I was hoping our next trip to Purdue would be to drop her off for the BGR. I have e-mailed the Women's Honors Engineering program, but am waiting for a response. Any insights??</p>

<p>The main purpose of STAR is for incoming freshmen to meet with their advisor and to register for their classes for the upcoming fall semester. It is a pain to travel to campus just for this purpose, but it is necessary and required for all incoming students. Also, this is basically the only way to register for classes for the fall. Most schools don’t require you to meet with your academic advisor, but Purdue requires it in order to register for classes.</p>

<p>Is this just for freshmen?</p>

<p>Transfer students are required to attend also. But you only attend STAR once, if that’s what you’re wondering.</p>