Star

<p>What exactly is STAR. It lists the time as 7 am to 5 pm. Will the student get a specific time to meet with an advisor. Trying to plan logistics for flight and hotel. Does STAR last all day?</p>

<p>at STAR you basically sign up for classes, get your ID, tour dorms if you want, and take placement tests if needed. advising appointments are based upon how soon you take the online math placements tests before your STAR date (atleast that’s how it was for me). and you get your advising appointment time the day of your STAR date. a lot of people don’t even take the ART or CRT (these are the math placement tests and determine what math students should take and register for) so they get a really late advising appointment. the sooner you get your advising appointment, the sooner you can go and register for the classes and the sooner you can leave. once you’ve done all of that (if needed), you can leave, so technically a student could be on campus until 5 registering and whatnot. but i came from out-of-state and we just flew into chicago and stayed one night at the union club hotel then flew home the next day after i got everything done; my advising appointment was at 11am and i was done with everything by probably 1pm. just use time wisely because you really only need to be there for about half a day.</p>

<p>Thanks
She is a transfer student and has already taken all her Math so shouldn’t need to take any placement tests. Plus not living in a dorm.</p>

<p>mom60, if I recall your D is going to the HTM program?</p>

<p>Yes. I think she is going to end up at Purdue. She has not heard from several schools and some of them don’t notify till June but I think in the end it will be Purdue.</p>

<p>Congrats to her though on making it. Who knows, maybe I will be in a few classes with her.</p>

<p>wait… i have a question… so i have to take math placement test??
even though i am currently taking AP calc BC?
… what happens if i dont take the placement test?</p>

<p>I doubt you have to take it if you got credit on the Calc AB exam or will be getting credit on the BC exam.</p>

<p>jeezz so i have to take the test when i goto purdue ?? at STAR? argh!!!</p>

<p>Yup. Personally, I thought the Algebra test was a bit tricky since I haven’t taken Algebra since freshman year.</p>

<p>yea i agree
CRT was much easier than the ART</p>

<p>what? ART was so easy. i got 19/19
but one question on CRT messed me up so i got 20/21</p>