Starting a thread for Class of 2023 (Fall 2019 start)

My son was just accepted with Presidential Scholarship and is auditioning for music scholarship. Exciting!

Mine too @TytoAlba ! He is so excited! :slight_smile: Congratulations everyone! So surprised to see that e-mail today.

@MusakParent yes i didnā€™t expect it today. His sister is happy (of course!)

@banaynay did you apply ED or RD? I know that Iā€™m a music finalist, but now Iā€™m anxious about whether Iā€™ll get a merit scholarship or not.

Admitted with Presidental Scholarship :slight_smile:

@emeraldjinn I applied RD. Iā€™m not sure if all the merit scholarship winners have found out by now, but Iā€™m guessing at least the Buntrock finalists must have. Good luck!

Iā€™m confused - is everyone who got heard back RD applicants? I didnā€™t apply for a music major. I applied for math/CS. It says everything is in my portalā€¦

So everyone who got merit scholarships already heard back?

@equationlover my kid who got a presidential is an RD applicant but I definitely donā€™t think theyā€™re done releasing merit scholarship notifications at all. I think just Buntrock and possibly some Presidential scholarship winners were notified. They do have other merit scholarships. I wouldnā€™t even be surprised if more Presidential winners were notified later (though I have no idea). The Buntrock nominees are invited for interviews so they need to be notified. I know in my kidā€™s case, he has stats to be considered for Buntrock but is invited for other scholarship days at Olaf (they have a cap on merit I think), so I think they are trying to balance out what high stat/achieving applicants are offered.

It generated a lot of excitement for Saint Olaf at our house releasing that info 2 weeks in a row so well played Olaf admissions! :slight_smile: Donā€™t worry @equationlover I am sure they have many acceptances and merit scholarships to roll out yet!

@MusakParent Thanks for the info! Thatā€™s a quick turnaround for scholarships, considering they were all due on January 15th.

My D is a Buntrock and music scholarship finalist and an RD applicant. Does anyone know what happens if a Buntrock finalists donā€™t get the 25K Buntrock? Do they get a lesser scholarship? The amounts are 25K for Buntrock and goes down from there.

My D also got her (RD) Buntrock notification Friday night. I feel like the e-mail to check her portal (where the notification was) came later than others here who reported the e-mail, so for future readers ā€“ donā€™t necessarily panic if you donā€™t get the e-mail immediately when others get it!

@EganAg Iā€™ve read older links that suggest that students not offered the Buntrock will receive the $20k Presidential scholarship. I donā€™t have confirmation, but I canā€™t imagine that somebody would compete for the top merit award and then not get anything.

She is looking forward to attending the scholarship competition day.

I also think other years Buntrock finalists would get a Presidential at least. Presidential is 20K. And I think they will stack total merit to half of COA?

My son is an RD applicant who also applied in Nov for music scholarship (non music major). It is funny they sent a letter just last week saying acceptance for scholarship audition weekend (he was) is not a guarantee of admission and this week was admitted. I assume the early admissions notice was related.

My D (also a music scholarship finalist) just admitted with a Faculty scholarship. She was surprised and delighted!

I FINALLY got an email today- I got admitted RD with a Deanā€™s Scholarship, and Iā€™m a finalist for a music scholarship!!! Fun story- I was at rehearsal for my schoolā€™s spring musical when I read the email, and I got excited and scared one of my friends into dropping his dance partner from a little lift (Sheā€™s okay, BTW, and is super happy for me!) !!!

Iā€™m happy to have just found this forum! My D admitted RD with Deanā€™s scholarship, yay! Sheā€™s a finalist for fine arts scholarship and coming in Feb. for the portfolio sharing session. Anyone know how likely a finalist is to receive award?

My son was admitted ED with a Deanā€™s scholarship. Heā€™s a top student, lots to offer, and i wonder if he would have had a better shot at Buntrock if he applied RD? Does anyone know of ED applicants that have been offered the Buntrock? In the end the main thing is he is going to a school he is really excited about, that I think is perfect for him, and heā€™s having a chill senior year because he got in early! Just curious really - perhaps for my younger son when itā€™s his turn.

In 2016, my DD (current student) received the presidential scholarship and at that time they were flying students (free) to St. Olaf for Presidential Scholars weekend. I havenā€™t seen anything about that this year on the website, and nothing in the mail (only email about acceptance and the scholarship). Does anyone know if this program is still around?

@TytoAlba I know the Buntrock finalists are being flown out for free (up to $500). Iā€™m not sure about the Presidents Scholars.

can u chance me?
1440 sat/ 750 sat 2 physics / 780 math1and2 / 3.75 GPA / 110 TOEFL